Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jason Latimer - Laser Routine

Jason Latimer - Laser Routine - YouTube
Hi there,
I'm a magician and I want to do a similar magic laser routine for my next show.
Since I'm not quite familiar with laser, I was wondering if I can get some help here from experts.
What I don't quite understand is... how does he pick up laser like a Jedi?
Is it just a mini double sided handhold laser?
Also, what are the equipments that I might need to accomplish this act?

Thanks for all your helps!

jimdt7

To tell you the truth i was amazed but i dont know how he did it !
But i know how he makes the laser look like a Jedi.
There are 2 ways. Either the laser is a high powered one, which is very dangerous because neither he or the audience wear safety googles, or there is a smoke machine that makes the laser look like a lightsaber.

ARG

Honestly, I would love to know how he does that, that amazes me.

jimdt7

ok the thumb trick it super easy when he "grabs" the light it legit just a thumb that goes over his real thumb and has a led in it i actually have on of those.

ill see if i can find a link

EDIT here u go Magic tricks from the Dlite online magic store and Rocco Silano, magical tricks, equipment and supplies for beginner and professional magicians, featuring magic tricks, the art of magic, magicians, magic videos, magic kits, card tricks, coin tricks, just go to like a department store and find the right shade of makeup and blend it in with your real thumb

I think he meant the coat hanging trick !
Am i right ?

I see that first guy toggling something when the coat drops with this other hand... he distracts you by waving the beam with his main hand...

I would guess he probably has some sort of hand held laser to generate the beam and maybe a mirror or prism or something to bend it...

What I don't quite understand is... how does he pick up laser like a Jedi?

Well, the Jedi actually start training from a VERY young age. They are naturally attuned to the force due to a high medichlorian count (most people aren't aware of this). They are able to manipulate certain aspects of their environment partially because of biology, and partially because of years of training.

Hope that helps.