Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jake21/22 alex101 Jacob Lovern ripped me

Just wanted to share my rant....

Little puke "hired me" to do some board work, then filed a paypal dispute and forced his money back out.

Paypal is ruthless, they sided with him.

"Don't know why I was kicked off the board, just give back my money"

AFTER I went to radio shack and purchased the PC breadboards, and started his custom boards.

Oh well, we live and learn:yabbmad:

Did you know it was Jake...
If so... didn't you read the scamming fiascos with him on the Forum...
If so... why in god's name would you do business with him...:eek:

Jerry

Had no clue Jerry, T_J gave me a heads up but AFTER I started the work.

To me he was just alex101 the noob with no soldering skills.

I open my emails and there is a dispute/escalated to claim all at once.

"your paypal account requires immediate attention"

I have had that same paypal for years, its under my business "Omnitech" so I value the account, it was easier to just give him back the money.

try to help a noob, got bit in the ass for it.

as I settle in more here, I'll know enough who to ask for "reference check"

The moment his paypal came through, I had a real name and addy.

If anyone recalls, I had not yet hit my 1000th post, (I was like 50 posts shy) and T_J had a thread in the vets about him.

Last edited:
I know that now.... He sent me a pm when his post count was 2

Then TJ sent me a PM suggesting that he thought something may be wrong, I think it had to do with those fog machines.

How much did you lose? I might have use for your bread board and soldering skills if you can wait 2 weeks for my monthly money to arrive.

Dude, not really much, $6 for 2 of those radio shack universal perf boards (set up for standard IC spacing) a 30 mile round trip to the store to pick them up.

The solder, 555 timers and TTL counters / decoders were all in my "junk box" from forever.

Paypal returned all fees, yada yada yada.

It's the principal of it that sucks.

I didn't NEED 2 spare PC boards, I made the trip into town for no other reason than to pick up the perfboards, That's gas and wear on my truck I can never get back, and a few hours of my life that I could have been doing something else.

and the ONLY reason he backed out of the deal was "I don't know why they booted me off the board"

When I closed the dispute, I told him I never wanted to hear from him again.

It was only $30 so it's not the end of the world, at least he did not wait until I also drove 30 miles round trip to the post office and shipped them.

Yeah living 15 miles from civilization can be a bitch, but I like being out in the middle of nowhere and having a small country for a back yard.

So anyways, I'm already in a pissed off mood and I caught a douche on a snowmobile out back driving over my irrigation lines, so I had the real pleasure of taking it all out on him. The look on the dudes face was priceless, he was genuinely scared I was going to club him like a baby seal.

The house I bought was in the boonies. Every time you wanted something that the local country store didnt have, it was always a pilgrimage. I did like the quiet, and all the animals that frequented my land. Place was cursed though. The person before me had all kinks of major tragedies. I got fired the first month living there, then broke my back on the next job 3 months later. Plus I kept a log of all the major negative things that happened when I was there, and I had over 30 in under a year. In the end I couldnt pay for the house anymore, so that was the last. I'm not superstitious, but there was some bad karma on that land.

Just how do you club a baby seal? :whistle:

Peace,
dave

I never have, but we all have seen the documentaries on TV.

Wayne - "You just drove over thousands of dollars worth of high end watering equipment, Get that feckin piece of shit sled off my property".

dude - "blank stare"

Wayne - NOW

dude - (insert high pitch engine wailing full tilt for the exit gate here)

I'm 6 foot 4 and in a winter coat look almost as bulky as T_J, add in the extremely pissed off look on my face and the attitude from hell, he was rather intimidated.

Good thing, he looked like he coulda kicked my ass right there.

Last edited:

Raybo

I thought i'd never hear Jake's name mentioned again, what a frickin' schmoozer!
I just wish that I could of warned you photonaholic.

Yeah living 15 miles from civilization can be a bitch, but I like being out in the middle of nowhere and having a small country for a back yard.

So anyways, I'm already in a pissed off mood and I caught a douche on a snowmobile out back driving over my irrigation lines, so I had the real pleasure of taking it all out on him. The look on the dudes face was priceless, he was genuinely scared I was going to club him like a baby seal.
I'd love to live there, in the middle of nowhere, w/ a small country for a back yard. Where is that??!!

LOL: club him like a baby seal. Priceless.

I'm glad you weren't out too much money. I know what you mean about the principle of the whole thing.

KiLLrB

Damn that sucks sorry to hear about that Wayne. I will be sure to ask about reputation if i ever do business on these here boards.