Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It's that time of the year :D

L@z3r

Yay its almost time !!!

Attachments

• Love.jpg
    Love.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 93

Switch

That time of the year which isn't any different from any other time of the year ::)

L@z3r

Switch said:
That time of the year which isn't any different from any other time of the year ::)
Uhh... Looks like somone is not loved :-[

Yeah - You aren't really loved on here are you. I'm starting to regret wanting you back with all of the threads you are making about the same subject, not to mention the "do you like me" poll

Switch

L@z3r said:
[quote author=Switch link=1234109154/0#3 date=1234118968]That time of the year which isn't any different from any other time of the year ::)
Uhh... Looks like somone is not loved  :-[[/quote]
Well as a matter of fact, I'm single and quite fine with that.It's just that I find it really stupid to have a day to celebrate something that you can celebrate any day.Not to mention that some people find it really tragic to be alone on Valentine's Day....which I also find stupid cause it's not any more tragic than being alone any other time. ::)

daguin

Switch said:
[quote author=L@z3r link=1234109154/0#4 date=1234129594][quote author=Switch link=1234109154/0#3 date=1234118968]That time of the year which isn't any different from any other time of the year ::)
Uhh... Looks like somone is not loved  :-[[/quote]
Well as a matter of fact, I'm single and quite fine with that.It's just that I find it really stupid to have a day to celebrate something that you can celebrate any day.Not to mention that some people find it really tragic to be alone on Valentine's Day....which I also find stupid cause it's not any more tragic than being alone any other time. ::)[/quote]

That's because you don't make a living off of selling candy, flowers, greeting cards, etc. There are entire industries in which their entire profit is dependent on these holidays.

Peace,
dave

Switch

Yea but I was talking about wes and the others who the industry people rely on ;D

Ace82

Ok, let me get this straight. Valentine’s day, being a holiday of "love" is of coarse in benefit of the candy and greeting card companies just like Halloween is for the candy and costume companies. We were debating on MLK day being a stupid holiday, and of coarse every thing in all of existence in this world can be perceived differently depending on the eye who gazes. But I 100% agree with Switch’s reply #6.

Wes, it's clear that you're crazy just like the rest of us only in a different way. I believe most of the Vets of this forum contribute to the forum because we like to show, share, and help from time to time, NOT to compensate for any social void in our lives, well at least I can speak for my self when I say I really don't give a hair off my head what people think of me here, or in the world for that matter. But that's because I consider myself a 'good' person and typically other 'good' people get along with me quite well.

And for the picture...humm. You are an odd one Wes, and it is in my opinion that your brain works 'differently' then most "normal" people... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to like the picture, (I do like love) or if I'm supposed to reject it because it's not actually a genuine laser picture. The idea, seems ok, but to digitally manipulate the wavelength of your lasers for a picture like this...humm, doesn't really 'grab my heart', if you know what I mean. At first when I saw this thread, I thought, "that time of year... for rain? (as it's been raining here for 5 days straight so far) and thought I would see some rain or snow beam shots or something... then when I saw your "Love" picture, the first thing I thought was cool, so Wes built a 650-405nm pink laser! And when did he get a 473nm??? :eek: And then I read it was photo shopped, and I read where this thread was going, (how typically they all tend to crash - no offense, but it is my not so humble observation) and then I was like :(

Wes, with no pun intended, is it attention that you seek through your lasers and/or these threads? And if so, I truly hope you are receiving what you want. :-?

I knew it was shopped right away. The green is a strange shade and the O to V beam changes color out of nowhere. Neat though.

Switch said:
I find it really stupid to have a day to celebrate something that you can celebrate any day.

I don't follow. Isn't this true of many holidays?

Switch said:
some people find it really tragic to be alone on Valentine's Day....which I also find stupid cause it's not any more tragic than being alone any other time. ::)

I agree in a sense. I feel nothing but apathy on yom kippur because it doesn't apply. The same arguably should be true of singles on valentines day. On the other hand it tends to emphasize one's loneliness.

Switch

Absolutely not!  ;D If you were to have a christmas tree all year-round would be pointless and it would take up space.Trick-or-treat-ing every night would be crazy and it would get boring, aswell as getting visitors every night would get annoying.

But to have a single day a year in which you can either interact with the opposite sex to start a relationship, and only have that day to enjoy the relationship you have is plain stupid. You can and you WILL do it all year round anyway.... ::) It's like having a holliday for playing with lasers. :D

Sorry for my initial phrasing.I should've said "something that you can do every day. "

Ace82

Switch said:
Absolutely not!  ;D If you were to have a christmas tree all year-round would be pointless and it would take up space.Trick-or-treat-ing every night would be crazy and it would get boring, aswell as getting visitors every night would get annoying.

But to have a single day a year in which you can either interact with the opposite sex to start a relationship, and only have that day to enjoy the relationship you have is plain stupid. You can and you WILL do it all year round anyway.... ::) It's like having a holliday for playing with lasers. :D

Sorry for my initial phrasing.I should've said "something that you can do every day. "

You could, but you wouldn't. ;D

Switch

What? :-?

Oh by the way.This thread is off topic, and digitally manipulating the wavelength of lasers is just unethical :p

Switch said:

I think your onto something there :D:D.

Ace82

Switch said:
What? :-?

Oh by the way.This thread is off topic, and digitally manipulating the wavelength of lasers is just unethical :p

I mean you could, but you wouldn't. So technically you can do it every day, but you wouldn't. Just being stupid. :p

;D at the unethical comment! ;D