Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this really <5mw 532nm?

Vision

I just bought this, claims its a 5mw. I don't have a meter but..anyone?

I can't compare it with my 50/150mw greens because I broke them all. And my 1W 445nms are not with me at the moment.

Was $20.

Looks like a generic pointer. Worth it or not? I don't actually own any low powered lasers.

Fog used.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Last edited:

Pman

Very doubtful that it is only 5mW. Almost all pointers advertised as 5mW are much stronger and have quite a lot of IR too.

Vision

Already returned it earlier and got these.

At1dXGK.jpg

3 of them 650nm, 405nm, 532nm. No cheap 445nm blue pointers tho.

Last edited:
I just bought this, claims its a 5mw. I don't have a meter but..anyone?

I can't compare it with my 50/150mw greens because I broke them all. And my 1W 445nms are not with me at the moment.

Was $20.

Looks like a generic pointer. Worth it or not? I don't actually own any low powered lasers.

Fog used.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
probably not, I bought a 405nm unfocusable "5mw" and I can light a match with a magnifying glass, I assume it's the same with green pens.

Razako

I NEVER EVER trust cheap <5mw pointers. My laser 301 labeled as <1mw can cut through cd cases and the beam seems brighter than my novalasers x100.

Pman

Yeah, those are nice looking. Where did you find those and do you have them in your possession yet?

See, that's why I made the thread in my sig about how to make the regular cheap overspec pens focusable. Almost all the 405nm are 45-100mW and the 650nm are over 100mW and light matches very easy when focused. The 532nm can be focused too but their burning power depends on how much is IR and the closest you can focus the greens are about 4" away or the lens will fall out. I bet most new members that have been here less than a year have never looked at that thread. For some reason you have to click on it and then click on the other link that comes up to get to it. Must be able to find it from a search though. Too bad no one really looks at my sig threads anymore.

Last edited:

Vision

Yeah, those are nice looking. Where did you find those and do you have them in your possession yet?

See, that's why I made the thread in my sig about how to make the regular cheap overspec pens focusable. Almost all the 405nm are 45-100mW and the 650nm are over 100mW and light matches very easy when focused. The 532nm can be focused too but their burning power depends on how much is IR and the closest you can focus the greens are about 4" away or the lens will fall out. I bet most new members that have been here less than a year have never looked at that thread. For some reason you have to click on it and then click on the other link that comes up to get to it. Must be able to find it from a search though. Too bad no one really looks at my sig threads anymore.

AliExpress of course! And no, not yet.

This is my fave host on those chinese websites. Brass I think.

High-Powered-Burning-Sabre-Laser-Pointer-Blue-3000mw-Powerful-Laserpointer-with-18650-Batteries-Charger-Lens-Goggles.jpg

I checked out all your sig threads the first time I saw your profile.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Rivem

AliExpress of course! And no, not yet.

This is my fave host on those chinese websites. Brass I think.

High-Powered-Burning-Sabre-Laser-Pointer-Blue-3000mw-Powerful-Laserpointer-with-18650-Batteries-Charger-Lens-Goggles.jpg

I checked out all your sig threads the first time I saw your profile.

I've seen that brass host for a 500W bird-shooting laser. The miracles of Chinese technology. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, it definitely looks nice.

Pman

Man that is a beauty. I would love to build a bunch of those. I want a matching set of those in single modes.
I bought a bit bigger pen host this morning from styro that takes a single 14500. We kind of agreed that we are calling up to a 14500 a pen.
I do have a few defiant pens that I'm having bead blasted coming probably next week. I'll be slowing down on building pretty hard now. Spent way too much trying to get all those leadlight pens built. I'll end up with a collection of hosts to put stuff in though.

Rivem

A bird shooting laser?

I think they were going for "bird dazzler," but the English product descriptions may have been done by Google translate.

Laser bird dazzlers are usually like a motion-activated laser show that's supposed to scare birds away from where you don't want them. I guess these sellers intend for somebody to be sitting around and doing it manually instead.

Of course, a real 500W blue laser could probably kill a bird, so "shooting" might be more appropriate in that case. There'd be no escaping the news of a real 500W blue diode on this forum though.