Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is O-Like any good?

It was good a few years ago but than it went down hill, I don't know if they are ok now or not.

They're okay. I own 5 of their lasers. The Crown Upgrade is their best laser for the money and the cheapest 500mW 532 you will find with IR filter and always a bit over spec. $239 is a steal for that laser.

The others I own are decent but under spec. Overall I think Olike get a way worse rep than deserved. reasonable , accurate lead time and wait and fast email replys makes them stand above many other companies much more liked Here yet they get bashed a lot. Usually by those that have never even dealt with Olike before. This is a common trend here on LPF.

Last edited:
They are an pretty decent company.
What are you thinking of getting?
BTW, welcome to the forum :wave:

OVNI

Anyone have any experience with their LPMs? I'm looking at their LPM-30+10W Head. $300. They show 985 in stock.

Oops, thought they were US. Looks like China based on their domain.

:undecided:

OVNI

Last edited:

4 Hero

Anyone have any experience with their LPMs? I'm looking at their LPM-30+10W Head. $300. They show 985 in stock.

Oops, thought they were US. Looks like China based on their domain.

:undecided:

OVNI

The fact that they are located in the PRC made me debate the site's legitimacy and their laser quality too. They seem o.k. from what everyone is saying on here, maybe it's worth buying something from them. :/ However, international shipping to America might be problematic somehow.

Last edited:

OVNI

Why do you think shipping to USA might be problematic? Or were you referring to the lasers? The LPM should not have any USA import restrictions AFAIK.

The fact that they are located in the PRC made me debate the site's legitimacy and their laser quality too. They seem o.k. from what everyone is saying on here, maybe it's worth buying something from them. :/ However, international shipping to the USA might be problematic somehow.

4 Hero

Why do you think shipping to USA might be problematic? Or were you referring to the lasers? The LPM should not have any USA import restrictions AFAIK.

I meant for laser pointers, since I heard that they could be confiscated at customs because of carrying batteries or something of that sort.

OVNI

I meant for laser pointers, since I heard that they could be confiscated at customs because of carrying batteries or something of that sort.

I don't believe it's about the batteries. The USA has an import restriction for any fully assembled working laser of over than 5mW. However I have also read on this forum that it's technically for any laser that is to be resold commercially but regardless, I think you're right that there is a chance that Customs seizes it.

That said, I've bought a few via eBay from China and a couple directly from Chinese websites this year and all showed up and all were over 5mW.

So probably what you said earlier, may just have to try and see.

i have bought a bunch of lasers from olike. they get to the united states no problem.
The odds it gets seized is very very small. get a laser from sci fi lasers. very nice custom quality lasers for very cheap and if you choose ems shipping its like 3 days to the united states

Last edited:
i have bought a bunch of lasers from olike. they get to the united states no problem.
The odds it gets seized is very very small. get a laser from sci fi lasers. very nice custom quality lasers for very cheap and if you choose ems shipping its like 3 days to the united states

There are a dozen of threads showing sci fi lead time to be over a month so fast shipping doesn't really matter if it doesn't get into the post for 6 weeks. But yea they are a nice laser just don't expect to see it anytime soon.

There are a dozen of threads showing sci fi lead time to be over a month so fast shipping doesn't really matter if it doesn't get into the post for 6 weeks. But yea they are a nice laser just don't expect to see it anytime soon.

I just bought a 300mw 520nm 501b ftom them. It shipped like 4 days after the order. Should get it in a few days. Iv never had an issue with slow shipping from him. He responds to all my emails quickly sometimes as fast as a chatroom lol. 10 -12 days from payment to recieving thr product is great. A++++ customer service from my exprernce.

He even offered to fix the arcane 2.0 462nm without me asking. I was trying to sell it for cheap and he said no dont sell it as it worth more if i fix it. I crushed the diode with the lens holder. My fault.
He said he could fix it for under $50 bucks .

Last edited:

OVNI

I just bought a 300mw 520nm 501b ftom them. It shipped like 4 days after the order. Should get it in a few days. Iv never had an issue with slow shipping from him. He responds to all my emails quickly sometimes as fast as a chatroom lol. 10 -12 days from payment to recieving thr product is great. A++++ customer service from my exprernce.

He even offered to fix the arcane 2.0 462nm without me asking. I was trying to sell it for cheap and he said no dont sell it as it worth more if i fix it. I crushed the diode with the lens holder. My fault.
He said he could fix it for under $50 bucks .

I hope you're right. He told me on Nov 25 he had two already built, could be shipped tomorrow. Took 2-days to complete the transaction. Then no more replies for a while, no shipping info. After almost 2+ weeks of pestering him, I got a tracking number and after a little more pestering about whether it had just shipped or whether it was shipped when I bought it, he told me on Dec 16th it'll be here in 7-days. Just 2-days before Xmas but in time for what I had planned for it. Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath. If it does show up, I guess I'm good but it's been a lot of hand wringing. I really like the design and price point. And so far all his correspondence has been friendly, polite, and professional.

I read a lot of people here really stand up for them. And some who don't. So we'll see.

Last edited:

GSS

They're okay. I own 5 of their lasers. The Crown Upgrade is their best laser for the money and the cheapest 500mW 532 you will find with IR filter and always a bit over spec. $239 is a steal for that laser.

The others I own are decent but under spec. Overall I think Olike get a way worse rep than deserved. reasonable , accurate lead time and wait and fast email replys makes them stand above many other companies much more liked Here yet they get bashed a lot. Usually by those that have never even dealt with Olike before. This is a common trend here on LPF.
Olympus have you bought any of O likes 532 modules and you know where im going if they are up to spec? or should I stay with Fasttech......OVNI My 1W 445 501b took 32 days I think but I knew when I purchased it and stuck it out hard as it was but im happy with it. Lets hope he got some Christmas time help like Eitan had mentioned

Last edited:
I have been happy with their product, O-like that is.

Last edited:

Encap

O-like has always offered good values and has been arouind a long time.

I have never had any problems with them.

They have had service problems in the not too distant past/last year, however, in last 6 months all reports are that they are back to the original O-like day and service is excellent once again.

Last edited: