Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is NovaLasers going out of business???

I just read a post in the green laser section "Nova Laser" thread that said, "NovaLasers is no longer selling their Nova Series high powered lasers due to not finding a suitable replacement".  If you go to their website they are all out of stock :-?  I have also read several posts that say Nova is not participating in the forums anymore :-? And now I have read 2 or more post of people getting banged up lasers :eek:  I'm beginning to wonder if NovaLasers is going out of business and dumping their merchandise :eek:  

Seriously!?! :eek:

NO! Nova is one of the best companies out there, and their X-series has been loved by almost everyone (including me)!

They CAN'T go out of business. :'(

Is NovaLasers a subsiderary of LaserGlow?  Are they affiliated with each other?  Just curious :-?

I just submitted a contact form on their web page. Hopefully, they will respond and dispel the rumor :D

Dear NOVAlasers Staff:
Hi, There is a thread on the Laser Pointer Forums questioning whether or not the company is going out of business. http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1226001769
The reasons are...no more Nova Series lasers; no more Laser pointers; Sending customers scratched up lasers, and not updating you tube videos, LPF visits, etc. Is there any truth to the rumors? Thanks,
Alan

ixfd64

I certainly hope not.

I really want to buy a laser from them some time in the future.

Well I got a reply from NovaLasers, so it seems everything is A-OK!

Hi Alan,

We're most definitely not going out of business! Our company direction is to do a major overhaul rather than smaller updates and this does take a significant amount of time while we need to wait for revenues to build up. However, the products that we do offer are as always backed by excellent customer service and delivered in a timely manner.

We do have plans to re-stock both >200mW green lasers and <5mW laser pointers in the future.

We have not done media updates ex. on YouTube as this takes a significant amount of time that is being used on other projects currently.

As for sending customers scratched lasers we always back our products with excellent customer service and resolve any complaints. A customer who is dissatisfied with anything regarding their laser can always contact us to have this resolved.

Thank you for your concern and support. We look forward to serving the laser community for a long time to come!

Best Regards.

Magdalena Gudzowska,
Sales Director
NOVALASERS.COM

Here's what they have to say about selling their "Dragonlaser Hulk" equivalent lasers:
---------------------------------------
Thank you for your email.

Our NOVA Series lasers are currently unavailable as they have been discontinued and we have not found a suitable replacement in the price range.

When purchasing lasers it is very important to verify that the laser output is sustained and when spending over USD 1000.00 you will want to be able to leave the laser on continuously and have the power maintain at the average that you purchased the unit at. You will find that with a lot of lasers in this class a lower price usually translates to less time that the laser can actually maintain the output power at the average purchased at ex. 400mW.

The highest powered laser that we currently offer is the X175. For greater powered handheld lasers you could also contact our partner company, Laserglow Technologies. ..............You can contact them for an appointment if you will be in Toronto.
---------------------------------------
That sounds like they could go out of business. If they can't find a cheaper alternative, they will fold.

mmykle

Ha, I hope there not going out of business. I recently sent my X-100 back for repairs (which it turns out its unrepairable so I can either get it back or get a new one :()... I'd kinda like it back lol. But from the email you received it looks like they are doing fine.