Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

is normal that my bluray makes a little noise?only with 10440 battery.

All flexdrives produce a pulsed output when the supplied power source is too low. This is due to the nature of its operation.. I don't know what would cause it to do that even with a stable power source, though.

This is interesting...the diode is from a SF sled its a SOC nice color I can't post a pic that would be worth looking at, but it is somewhat of a different critter.

The power is in the 300mA range it was one of my earlier designs

diachi

Its fairly normal for switching drivers to be audible when they operate at audible frequencies - its just a tiny movement in the coil of the switching driver, and normally no cause for concern.

It can happen at/from a certain voltage level, some drivers vary the frequency to maintain constant output, though most vary only pulse width.

Glad someone said it.

If you listen carefull you can hear the high-pitched whine coming from more modern phone chargers which are switching based as well.

Benm

Yeah.. sometimes these things get so loud its annoying... i have one of these penlite nimh chargers that plays an entire tune (pulsed charging, and the pitch varies with where it is in the charge cycle).

If it gets on your nerves, putting a drop of superglue on the coil sometimes cures the problem. Otherwise, just leave it as is, its not a malfunction.

just an update.. i talked to Susie.... dont use 10440 batteries in that..

what Susie meant for 10440 is AAA, actually in China 10440 is the AAA battery nickname..

just use ALKALINE... it will damage your Driver if you continue to use it...

thanks...

you can still use 1 10440 AAA batt the input on those IIRC were 2.5 up to 5.5

hello matrics.... yes... when i said i tryed with a 10440 lion battery....i forgot to say ONE battery. but i think that only you :p thought that i could have tryed with TWO battery. :) i am not so stupid to use 2 battery at 3.6v each eheheheh

however... i cna say the noise is OVER 2.8 volt total. under this voltage.. the laser does not make sound.

now my nimh are quite empty...at 1.23v each (2.46v total)...but i can't notice any difference in power/beam visibility from 2.46v total and 3.7v with a 10440 and a spacer.
i don't know if it is normal...but it is so for me.... nd i prefer to use 2x1000mah aaa(REALLY 1000mah..sanyo 100mah and powerex 1000mah...NO LowSelfDischarge but the best true nimh capacity IN THE MARKET :) ) instead 1x600mah(i think true 400mah or 350.....i bought from dealextreme,and generally they are a lot overrated)