Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is my new Rayfoss 200mW green laser is broken?

Embry

Are you sure your batteries and charger are good? It sounds like they are not up to par to me. If you have a multimeter tell us what the voltage reads on the batteries when they are right off of the charger after a full charge cycle.

I went to Batteries Plus and my battery tested good. I even tried a new battery they had in the store and the laser didn't work.

Be sure to keep us posted if you got it fixed/replaced.
I just ordered a 200mw-er from them myself.
Logging my progress in 'Ordering from rayfoss'.

Embry

Be sure to keep us posted if you got it fixed/replaced.
I just ordered a 200mw-er from them myself.
Logging my progress in 'Ordering from rayfoss'.

I will be sure to let everyone know the outcome. As of today, I don't have my laser and haven't heard one response from Faona after all my e-mails to her. If there is a laser God, please deliver me the working laser that I bought or please refund my money.

I'm having pretty good comm with them myself and emailed her that I saw a concerned person waiting for their order. Didn't say who.
She said was not aware of a problem and asked me for who it was.
I would suggest trying again, maybe from a different email address if you have one.
Make sure your sending to: rayfoss.com@hotmail.com too.
Put in any order number info of course.
If it helps, say a concerned citizen named Gary had emailed you on this yesterday.
Hope this helps!
FYI mine is in the mail shipped yesterday!

Noctis

Could just be bad electrical contact with the battery.

Does your SPRING make contact with the POSITIVE end of the battery(smaller metal contact) like mine does?

Embry

Could just be bad electrical contact with the battery.

Does your SPRING make contact with the POSITIVE end of the battery(smaller metal contact) like mine does?

The battery contact is fine.

The battery contact is fine.

i think, if you buy a 200mw laser, it should be ready to use and tested. Why do customer have to buy another battery? why do customer have to fix contacts? why do customer have to buy another charger?

why it can't simply work at stated? i'm very dissapointed with this seller

Thats the risk you get when you buy a discount laser, if you had bought a CNI to begin with you wouldn't have these problems. Most times cheaper things are cheaper for a reason.

Hopefully rayfoss will step up and fix it.

Embry

Thats the risk you get when you buy a discount laser, if you had bought a CNI to begin with you wouldn't have these problems. Most times cheaper things are cheaper for a reason.

Hopefully rayfoss will step up and fix it.

I'm not counting on it. It has been weeks and I've sent her multiple e-mails even from different e-mail addresses in the event my e-mails were going to spam folder and I have heard nothing.

Embry

I'm having pretty good comm with them myself and emailed her that I saw a concerned person waiting for their order. Didn't say who.
She said was not aware of a problem and asked me for who it was.
I would suggest trying again, maybe from a different email address if you have one.
Make sure your sending to: rayfoss.com@hotmail.com too.
Put in any order number info of course.
If it helps, say a concerned citizen named Gary had emailed you on this yesterday.
Hope this helps!
FYI mine is in the mail shipped yesterday!

I appreciate your help in this matter. Perhaps you can send her a link to this thread (and the other RayFoss buyers who aren't getting a response) and we can communicate and figure out why she has my $$$ and my broken laser which she isn't replacing.

I'm not counting on it. It has been weeks and I've sent her multiple e-mails even from different e-mail addresses in the event my e-mails were going to spam folder and I have heard nothing.

That is just unacceptable.I note how people have no problem reaching them to place an order, but when trouble begins "poof" they are gone.
I am really sorry you are enduring this ordeal.I won't buy anything from them, that is certain.
I hope it works out for the best for you, but in the meanwhile caveat emptor to others considering this source.This thread and others are painting a grim picture.

Embry

That is just unacceptable.I note how people have no problem reaching them to place an order, but when trouble begins "poof" they are gone.
I am really sorry you are enduring this ordeal.I won't buy anything from them, that is certain.
I hope it works out for the best for you, but in the meanwhile caveat emptor to others considering this source.This thread and others are painting a grim picture.

Thanks for the support. The whole thing is a very frustrating and while I do hope for a the best outcome, realistically I don't expect Ray Foss to do the right thing and take care of me. My quest for a powerful green laser still continues. Before I spend any more $$$ I need to find a reputable honest seller. If anyone can make a solid recommendation, I would appreciate it.