Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is it worth it?

So, say I have saved up $320 for a dragon lasers aurora (I haven't lol) now, assume that by the time I have this money, the price has been lowered to $280. In your personal opinion, is it worth paying the money for the aurora, or should I invest in something else? What thing(s) should I buy other than the aurora that would cost me about $320?

Examples: A nice LPM, a few cool laser gadgets, :drool: or maybe just a good o'l run of the mill high power laser.

:thanks:

Last edited:

Razako

I'd say to invest a bit more and get the 50mw spartan. They've had some reliability problems lately, but DL seem to take care of their customers.

Last edited:
I'd say to invest a bit more and get the 50mw spartan. They've had some reliability problems lately, but DL seem to take care of their customers.

I was more hoping for an answer other than exotic wavelengths, I was talking about "regular" lasers.

Razako

I was more hoping for an answer other than exotic wavelengths, I was talking about "regular" lasers.
Do you have a 520nm yet? You can get a 1W+ 520 nm for your budget.

Last edited:

You and your love for 589/594 :D

Honestly though, while the Aurora host is neat, the duty cycle on them is downright terrible. Your talking about 30sec. On before needing time to cool down which sucks!

I would consider taking a look at 473nm. It's a pretty wavelength and can be had for a little cheaper then the yellow ones. Have you taken a look at it? :yh:

-Alex

Last edited:
You and your love for 589/594 :D

Honestly doubt, while the Aurora host is neat, the duty cycle on them is downright terrible. Your talking about 30sec. On before needing time to cool down which sucks!

I would consider taking a look at 473nm. It's a pretty wavelength and can be had for a little cheaper then the yellow ones. Have you taken a look at it? :yh:

-Alex

I have seen 473nm lasers, although it does seem very cool, I think yellow has more of a "wow" factor when shown to a group of people. I personally find lasers that impress other people (589/594) more "worth it" than lasers that impress me (473/520nm). That was why I showed the whirl wind gloves as an example, since if you show that to a group of people (pointed away from them of course!!) they will be very impressed, but if you show them a 473nm pointer, they'll be sort of "meh".

OVNI

I have seen 473nm lasers, although it does seem very cool, I think yellow has more of a "wow" factor when shown to a group of people. I personally find lasers that impress other people (589/594) more "worth it" than lasers that impress me (473/520nm). That was why I showed the whirl wind gloves as an example, since if you show that to a group of people (pointed away from them of course!!) they will be very impressed, but if you show them a 473nm pointer, they'll be sort of "meh".

You'll also get a wow factor from a decent powered 532nm (DPSS) due to the eye's ability to see it combined with it's great divergence - nice sharp bright pencil thin beam. Or choose a 520nm (direct diode) which you can get well over 1W which is also very very bright.

You can compare brightnesses here for beams and dots (I did it for 520nm and 473nm 1W beam). You can plug in any numbers you want or put in "?" (without the quotes) for one wavelength to determine what power it takes to equal the same brightness as the other wavelength.

Does Eforce even have 561nm modules? Seems like they just have lab lasers when I looked.
EFORCE LASERS

Indeed. Seems like there must be <5 people on this forum with a 561nm pointer.

they have it.. they just don't list it on the website!!

the price for 561/30mw ( lowest is 30mw/ average at 45-60 mw and peak at 70mw)... is $995 USD. that includes Shipping + insurance+ paperwork.

Same price as CNI..... but they accept Paypal and speak proper English...

*i can be a middle man*

they have it.. they just don't list it on the website!!

the price for 561/30mw ( lowest is 30mw/ average at 45-60 mw and peak at 70mw)... is $995 USD. that includes Shipping + insurance+ paperwork.

Same price as CNI..... but they accept Paypal and speak proper English...

*i can be a middle man*

You've really got me interested in Eforce. I've got a deal mostly worked out with CNI right now, but if it falls through, I'm gonna hit them up.

Do you know if they have the 594nm pens?

Bruh.

I'm starting to think that Eforce is a CNI sock puppet based in Oz.