Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is it possible?

Snecho

Sharpen up the leading edges of the props and cut the monofilament that way.
Interesting idea, but I must point out the fatal flaw.

I've flown Quadcopters, (drones) when they first came out in the R/C hobby for years now, and have also worked with professional photography autonomous/GPS rigs.

As soon as the rotor touches that line, say goodbye to your propeller shaft and you've just added a drone to the collection of lures and fishing line alone the wires.
Others who have asked about cutting monofiliment nylon have been looking to cut nylon lines attached to arcade vending machine items to take the items and circumvent the need to pay to play. None of them were ever reported as successful. lol

Stop reading my mind! :ROFLMAO:
Others who have asked about cutting monofiliment nylon have been looking to cut nylon lines attached to arcade vending machine items to take the items and circumvent the need to pay to play. None of them were ever reported as successful. lol
A successful thief would never report themselves as successful XD
My arcade has prizes and ticket values attached either physically or electronically to balloons you have to pop inside the machine.

That's all I'm going to say...

Encap

A successful thief would never report themselves as successful XD

Likely most wouldn't however, obviously, the point was they were not successful in cutting nylon monofilament with a laser much -- the misguided juvenile deliquent goal the stealing worthless arcade items, notwithstanding

Much better and more effective ways to cut monofilament line than hand held laser daydream world, nonsense

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
" Much better and more effective way to cut monofilament line than hand held laser daydream world nonsense "

Yeah, you could use a 30-30 with a well sighted in scope......but it would be wrong.