Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is it possible to power a laser by electric eel?

If you're looking g for alternative ways to charge a battery.... I wish I could could find the thread. Cyparagon did the math on how much it costs to charge a battery from home. Don't hold me to this but I think I remember him saying it costs less than a dollar to charge you small batteries for like 25 years lol.

Michael.

upaa27

Think of a tesla coil... It could work just need a capacitor to store it all for continuos and for a high current. Those tesla coils have 10,000v but like 1 amp of current.

If you're looking g for alternative ways to charge a battery.... I wish I could could find the thread. Cyparagon did the math on how much it costs to charge a battery from home. Don't hold me to this but I think I remember him saying it costs less than a dollar to charge you small batteries for like 25 years lol.

Michael.

Okay, I can't resist. The average 18650 holds something like 2500mAh * 4.2V = 10.5 watt
hours. Say the charger is only 80% efficient, so we actually use 12.6 watt hours to charge
the battery. Electricity rates are around $0.10/kWh, so it would cost only 1.26 cents to
charge the battery once. You could charge it almost 80 times for a dollar.

Last edited: