Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is it possible to hide certain threads from ever showing up?

We should probably move that to the veteran section anyway, but if you have access to that area, that would not solve it either, or do away with it all together, perhaps just close it as nothing is being settled there anyway. A bunch of head strong members on that subject, myself included.

I think it will show up just like any other thread when someone posts, so not really changing anything.

Last edited:
Hello,

I personally agree that it is best to let people argue on a thread where we can monitor language and insults than closing it and having it go somewhere where things could get violent.

My opinion :)

-Alex

My original question was having the option to hide threads. So you guys can debate all you want, and I don't have to see it in the feed as unread every time I browse for new posts.

My original question was having the option to hide threads. So you guys can debate all you want, and I don't have to see it in the feed as unread every time I browse for new posts.

I don’t think so. Even as a moderator I only have so many options and none of them include “muting” a thread so it doesn’t show when new people post. I’m sorry :(

Edit: I would ask Avery about this!

-Alex

I do not like it either but as a public forum it is their right, just as it is your right to post this very thread. It is also in the off-topic section, which exists for topics like this. I understand the nuisance, quite frankly I would just delete the thread but that wouldn't be fair, sadly there is no way to hide it either.

@RedCowboy, please keep it in the politics thread that we all love. :)