Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

is DealExtreme for real?

jayrob

thebucketmouse said:
So jayrob, for the 30mw or 50mw green, is the beam pretty solid at night?

Lots of good testimonials here! Just make sure you get the ones that say 'true'. Maybe not the 'high end' quality, but for the price, they can't be beat...
Jay

Myself, I love DX...

The only real danger there is, is just wanting to buy so many damn things because they're so cheap. The few things I have received that didn't work were cheerfully replaced without even asking for the broken one back, (thanks Winnie!) and every laser I've bought there is still working fine.

Just don't use the EMS shipping! Wait for the air mail and skip customs, along with the duty and taxes. It's worth the two-week wait.

I'm off to my DX-Anonymous group now... ;D

Cheers, CC

Ace82

DX, DX, DX!!! :mad: (I was always looking for an opportunity to use the pissed off face!)

In other words, browse this forum. You will find ALLLLLLL you need to know.

haha k Ace. even without your confusing reply, i guess there have been enough good replies to this topic to convince me to buy from them.

Razako

I think the one guy is only bashing dealextreme because he spent too much money there and can't afford an rpl now. Aside from the danger of spending too much money on all of the cheap stuff Dealextreme should be fine if you just want a semi-cheap toy laser to mess around with. If you want a serious laser then save up and avoid the dx money pit like the plague.

Ace82

Razako said:
I think the one guy is only bashing dealextreme because he spent too much money there and can't afford an rpl now. Aside from the danger of spending too much money on all of the cheap stuff Dealextreme should be fine if you just want a semi-cheap toy laser to mess around with. If you want a serious laser then save up and avoid the dx money pit like the plague.

Can't deny that! Maybe I just get all the lasers with terrible beam divergences. My 150mw was about the size of a 1/2 dollar at 10 ft. and a pin tip at 1 ft. Same story with the "true" 100mw, my 50mW (not "true"), 2 of 5 5mW (pens & modules), my first 30mW was great except for I messed it up fooling with the pot, my second wouldn't keep consistent power.

I guess I am entering the realm that separates the boys from the men.... J/K ;D

Like every one says, you get what you pay for, with DX it's luck of the draw, and sometimes can be quite a wait for delivery with DX. But for $25, why not buy a couple? Just don't try to mod them till they begin to malfunction.

Even now, even though my eye is on the RPL, I am still tempted of buying more DX lasers, not for their quality, put for their prices. They defiantly got their name right: Deal Extreme! :-X :) :)

jayrob said:
I got a handful of their lasers too. Just to have for camping and stuff so I don't care as much if they get thrashed. I got a true 30, true 50, true 100, and one of their 30mW flashlight style as well. (cr123) All of them measure more than they claim! My true 50 measures at 86mW!
Jay

P.S. I wouldn't expect their cheap greenies to be real dependable like you would for a Nova. But for the price, I like them!

Yeah, a lack of a IR filter will definitely give you higher mW reading results.

leukoplast said:
[quote author=jayrob link=1203266977/0#2 date=1203269369]I got a handful of their lasers too. Just to have for camping and stuff so I don't care as much if they get thrashed. I got a true 30, true 50, true 100, and one of their 30mW flashlight style as well. (cr123) All of them measure more than they claim! My true 50 measures at 86mW!
Jay

P.S. I wouldn't expect their cheap greenies to be real dependable like you would for a Nova. But for the price, I like them!

Yeah, a lack of a IR filter will definitely give you higher mW reading results.

[/quote]
The DX "true" series have been proven to have IR filters, they aren't the best, but they work fine and on most reviews they never put out more than 5mW of IR. I wouldn't doubt that 86mW reading either, my friend has a true 50 that takes out matches instantly, IR from a green laser can't do the burning because it isn't focused.

no. They are awful quality and have no IR filter. Meaning the 30mW is basically a filterless 5mw. Same goes with higher models. Also several reviews i saw measured only 532 and 808 not 1064, which is the majority of infrared output.

john_lawson said:
same here so far so good but like said before the wait in crazy 15-30 days

I ordered a mean looking knife from DX on February the 29th, received it today  :eek:

That's exactly seven days, and for free! I'm not complaining  ;)

pseudolaser said:
no. They are awful quality and have no IR filter. Meaning the 30mW is basically a filterless 5mw. Same goes with higher models. Also several reviews i saw measured only 532 and 808 not 1064, which is the majority of infrared output.

don't spew that kind of crap unless you have testing to back it up, i've personally tested 5 DX true30mW lasers - all of which were outputting less than 3mW of 808/1064nm light - tested with a Coherent thermal based power meter