Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

is 808nm extremely dangerous?

lipo99

Terrorists can use it to blind many at far, burn people skin without them even knowing it you. And most scary thing is that it is so cheap

Things

And with a bit of research into basic lasers, you'll know that most high powered 808nm lasers resemble more of a flashlight than a laser, right? Good luck blinding anyone even a metre in front of it.

Troll-Smiley1.jpg

Things

Where is the question in your post? Asking if a 808nm laser is dangerous is like asking if a desert spoon is dangerous.

DrSid

It's dangerous as any other laser.
Fact, that it is not visible, makes it more dangerous for user of the laser. If it would be used to blind another person, I guess they would notice, if there was some immediate sight degradation. If there wasn't some immediate sight degradation, I don't see what would be the reason of such attack.
Green lasers on the other hand, will seriously dazzle you, just because they are visible. They will render person effectively blind, especially at night, for minutes. That I call dangerous ..

Terrorists can use it to blind many at far, burn people skin without them even knowing it you. And most scary thing is that it is so cheap

If a guy is on 2nd level then even a rifle cannot be seen

This forum is becoming like CPF. One curious question and some idiot will accuse you as a troll.

Where do you see a Question of any kind....:thinking::thinking::thinking:
I certainly don't...

Perhaps posting an intelligent and well worded question
would help...

Maybe this Forum is not for you... Maybe CPF would suit
you better...:cryyy:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
If you mean the title as the question, I don't see the point of asking it and then following it with how dangerous (you seem to think) it is. "Danger level" is subjective anyway.

Is object X dangerous? Terrorists use it to blackmail our chinchillas into performing mummification on rubber lenses. It was used to wipe out the Jedis, and it kills 80,000 people a day. It is available in sex shops, and your Mr. potato head turns into a serial killer if you put him next to it and chant "A herpy derpy hoopy hoggle" but in latin.

lipo99

It's dangerous as any other laser.
Fact, that it is not visible, makes it more dangerous for user of the laser. If it would be used to blind another person, I guess they would notice, if there was some immediate sight degradation. If there wasn't some immediate sight degradation, I don't see what would be the reason of such attack.
Green lasers on the other hand, will seriously dazzle you, just because they are visible. They will render person effectively blind, especially at night, for minutes. That I call dangerous ..

Thanks for your answer.:wave::wave:

Mr. potato head turns into a serial killer if you put him next to it and chant "A herpy derpy hoopy hoggle" but in latin.

Didn't work......

@lipo99

It's not nice to call someone an idiot, especially when they aren't.

Last edited:
This forum is becoming like CPF. One curious question and some idiot will accuse you as a troll.

I agree, I don't see why this would be a troll question he was obviously curious and wanted an answer to something he didn't know.

On a side note; 808nm lasers aren't visible to the eyes so they can damage them without you knowing.