Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IQS (itemquick ship) Laser Round-up

Bummer. IQS will definitely take care of you!

What batteries did you put in them first? I have heard that some of the Lithium (Energizer Ultimates maybe?) fry pens ...

Let us know what you hear. Make sure you email him to let him know the return USPS tracking #, and remind him when thety arrive, becasue I think it is a PO box that he has to go to.

Already contacted him and got a return address to an apartment in Joplin, Missouri and another email asking which way I inserted the batteries. I know all about polarity.

I tried a Sunbeam "Super Heavy Duty" (that was included in the #100 from him) which I believe to be zinc-carbon, 3 different Energizer alkalines, and 3 different Rayovac alkalines, no lithiums or under voltage rechargeables, and finally since they never worked to begin with, reverse polarity. :(

Edit: Also used forceps to reach in and gently pull out the spring.

Last edited:

Bobby

Update on my OP: I just re-tested and got a peak of 198 (!) mW on the #150 3998 host. It settled down to ~ 185mW, but WOW!

I really need to make those jigs to hold the lasers steady, and I really need something like a Kenometer Pro to log to my PC ...

UPDATE!

In response to my email stating "Positive (+) towards the tailcap. Negative (-) towards the spring." serveyouqueen@gmail.com states "It is wrong for the mini type!Postive to the head direction".

Some of my AAA batteries I tested fit so tightly with the negative terminal in the tailcap that there was no contact when tried that way. Now when testing (metering battery-tailcap assembly for voltage before insertion) one mini outputs 40mW! WOW!!! :D The other is a disappointing 4mW. :( I still want to exchange that one.

Arshus

Thats amazing for a #150! nice!

@elite: yeah IQS's lasers are not made to be all back end towards spring. I knew it was strange for both to be DOA. Thats good news, and yeah return that other dud, but at least you have the other nice overspec mini!

-Sal

Last edited:

madog

Could someone please tell me if a typical Trustfire charger will work with the batteries included with the super #100?

Thanks

madog

Thanks for the heads up! Where would you suggest I get the appropriate batts? I only have 18650's

Search Juice CR123A 3.6V rechargeables on Eekbay or spend more for better quality AWs from lighthound.com.

:drool: It looks like it has a clicky-button ... wish my #150 did... Can you tell if it is focusable?

It has a clicky, I sent a question asking if it had adjustable focus, will let you know what he says.

After seeing the results of the [High Quality#120 Green Laser Pointer Visible Beam W/Box].
I ordered one directly thru paypal for $34 shipped for LPF members.

Ordered 7:55pm...shipped 8:20pm.

cargo_planes_1.gif