Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ipod 4 jailbroken - help

Hello everyone, I got my ipod 4th gen about a month ago and last week I decided to jailbreak it out of impulse. (I know it was a super dumba$$ move) I jailbroke it with limera one or something and it went fine, but when I tried downloading a theme it froze. The first time this happened I plugged it into itunes and clicked restore. I tried downloading a theme again and it didn't work. My ipod has been frozen at the apple logo for a week now and I can't unfreeze it. This is what happens when I try to restore it:

ipod.png.jpg

Does anyone know what to do?

I'm really bad with tech stuff, lol... strange for me to like lasers.

I hope this thread is okay. :)

ped

Press and hold both the power button and home button for ten seconds, the ipod should reboot, if the ipod appears to be "off" , hold the home button, start itunes, and insert the usb cable and the computer should detect it in DFU mode and ask you to restore.

EDIT,
The problem youve pictured indicates an internet connection issue , or possible a firewall blockage.

ped

erm depends which firewall your using.

olol I dunno. so there is nothing else I can do? would someone elses itunes be able to fix it?

ped

what EXACTLY do you see on the ipod screen, and is the backlight on?

My iPad has been giving me nothing but problems, the wifi is spotty and it says its connected but nothing loads.

Restored more times than I can count.

Hmm, DFU has always worked for me, i've jailbroken quite a few itouchs so far and any time i manage to brick one, thats a sure fire method to fix it.

ped

^^ i'd be getting that straight back to Apple!

Go to the Apple website and go to support, if you are unable to get it going conatact Apple support or send it back while you have a warranty, unless you did something to void it!

what EXACTLY do you see on the ipod screen, and is the backlight on?

It's frozen on the apple logo.. you know, like when you turn it on. It just stays on the apple logo and starts the loading signal thing and keep going until it stops, and then it re-boots itself if it's plugged in to itunes. but it won't re-boot itself if it's not connected to itunes, instead it would just keep on loading until the battery runs out.

You can download the newest firmware supported for jailbreak manually. Search ipod 4g 4.1 ispw and download. Then hold shift in itunes and select that downloaded file right Hitting restore.

You can also download tinyumbrella and save your shsh data first(i reccommend)
With tinyumbrella you can also kick the device out of recovery.

ped

Can you manually reboot by pressing and holding the home & power button?