Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing the BAMF

Great laser man! That is one heavy bastard :p would be sweet with that new 5W 445 :drool:

Also the feeler thread to me seems more like a GB? Or am i wrong? :)

Greetings! :beer:

Last edited:

IWIRE

Beautiful. That is a work of art. Great build ! Beautiful and functional, best of both worlds. :beer:

Great laser man! That is one heavy bastard :p would be sweet with that new 5W 445 :drool:

Also the feeler thread to me seems more like a GB? Or am i wrong? :)

Greetings! :beer:

The new 445nm would be incredible! :D

Yeah, I'm testing the waters and since I only get a discount when I order 10+ TN30's, so that seems like the best way to go. :beer:

Today Ryansoh3 and I metered his build using both a laserbee 3.2W deluxe and an ARGmeter 1.1v with Ophir20C at a very quiet cafe. All safety precautions were taken.

I can't tell you how heavy this build is as pictures don't do it justice. It's a seriously a heavy beast!
I am impressed with RyanSoh3's build and the Copper heat sink is truely gigantic!
I'm thinking that RyanSoh3 might want to consider (or is currently considering) a foldable tripod mount for it? I know I would.

The metered output from the TN30 nearly maxed out my Laserbee at 3.172W with an average of 3.08W after the sensor warmed up.
However upon using the Ophir we ran into an issue with low current with the samsung ultrabook and the readings were faulty. Not enough current to supply the Ophir, Argmeter and the Ardunio at the same time. ( it's working fine at home.. kind of disappointing) So, taking into account for the initial warmup of 8% the peak output is actually more in the range of ~3.43W pk with a constant ~3.3W output. Seriously impressive output with the ability to strobe and better still is that the drive has a soft on built in! This is extremely important for diode longevity. Even more amazing is how clean the stock driver is in that it works nicely for high current LD's!
Remember this TN30 uses a constant current driver which has been slightly modded to output only 2.4A instead of it's usual current of 3.6A. I'm tempted to try a next generation 9mm
once I get some more $$$.
:drool:
:lasergun:

Have a look below at the pics.
Note: the battery holder is holding 3 x 2800mAh Samsung 28-A 18650 cells.

RyanSoh3 has the laserbee file which I am sure he'll
post at some point.

btw, thank you for the iced Cafe Latte. :thanks:

Great experience today in Seoul!
Thanks again!

A few rep points for Ryan once the system
allows it.

Attachments

• IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2075.JPG
    IMG_2075.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thanks for the LPMing and it was certainly good to see you again. :)

Too bad the Ophir didn't work out, but glad you got it working again.

Thanks for the LPMing and it was certainly good to see you again. :)

Too bad the Ophir didn't work out, but glad you got it working again.

Once I get the new host and driver+ 9mm LD, I'll dig out the Ophir again
and I'll re-LPM that beast of yours.

I'm glad the 20x red and the IR filtered greenie DPSS laser have gone to a good home. I'm sure you'll put them to good use. :)

Yup, thanks a lot for the diode and the module.

I'll see what I can do with them. Much appreciated!