Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing "STINGRAY II"  my new DIY series.

Milos

Re: Introducing "STINGRAY II"  my new DIY series.

thank you laser freaks :))) I hope to get few more red diodes very soon, and have more to offer. Best regards
Miloš

Attachments

• DPP_0048.JPG
    DPP_0048.JPG
    691.7 KB · Views: 175

Hi Milos,
Nice lasers
They look very cool and professional.

Jack

Milos;

Nice work on the driver/laser modules.

What is the actual diameter of the module at the largest diameter ?

Do you plan to offer the modules or heatsinks themselves ?

LarryDFW

Very nice craftsmanship, and cool pictures.

Milos

Thanks all for a good word. Very much appreciated!

LarryDFW said:
Milos;

Nice work on the driver/laser modules.

What is the actual diameter of the module at the largest diameter ?

Do you plan to offer the modules or heatsinks themselves ?

LarryDFW

Larry, I will be putting out sales post in a day or two (by Monday night i hope)
I will be selling only a complete laser, or a set of two.

Here is why:

When you order this host, there are three possibilities that are going to arrive. Each is a bit different size even among same model, so standardizing a fixed size heat sink isn't possible. They are all almost identical on the outside, but on the inside (front wide end) they differ.
It is MOST iMORTANT to have heat sink made to perfectly fit the outher black cover of the host and that way create a solid piece of heat sink out of two parts. Even the slightest air gap between the two will be counter productive and will keep heat isolated inside. I worked out procedure to take care of this, and I allow 0.1-0.2mm partial gap only filled and sealed with Arctic silver 5 compound to ensure perfect contact between the two halves.

It happens to work great!! Better than i imagined on paper. (version 2B that is)

But its not an easy ( plug and play ) mod, and error can enclose heat and create thermos effect instead heat sink. So I make individual units and make sure every one has perfect pair and Arctic silver 5 where needed.

best regards, and thanks for input.

Miloš

Attachments

• DPP_0046.JPG
    DPP_0046.JPG
    823.2 KB · Views: 144

I have done a review of the Stingray 2 in the Review section of the forum.

Good stuff! The design of the interchangeable modules is the best part and what sets this laser apart from all the rest as far as I'm concerned. I am interested in building one for myself, however, so milos, any information you'd like to divulge about the heatsink/module design I'd love to hear!

I did a pretty detailed review of my STINGRAY II by Milos, a short while back. If you're interested, you can find it in the REVIEW SECTION. Makes for interesting reading I think :-/ :-?

phoenix77 said:
I did a pretty detailed review of my STINGRAY II by Milos, a short while back. If you're interested, you can find it in the REVIEW SECTION. Makes for interesting reading I think :-/ :-?

That last post was in response to a PM conversation between milos and myself. Thanks for pointing that out though! :-/ :-?.

Milos

Thanks,
Yes, as i said, RED has a LM317 based driver with 0-10 ohm adjustable pot. BR has0-20 ohm pot for PHRs, and Mr.DR. Lavas flex drive for 6x diodes.

Heat sinks are tricky s they need to be built from scratch, and then modified to fit each individual front black conical part of chassy. I use Arctic silver 5 to get rid of any possible gap imperfection between heat sink and front cover. Spring "back wall" of the circuit board is a modified part also. Inner spring needs to be isolated from outer spring with nail polish or liquid electric tape just in case.

cheers

Those are absolutely  B E A U T I F U L !!  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Milos

thank you berry much. Its a pleasure building and modding them. I would love to find small enough key lock switch.

I own a set of these as well. They are amazing.

Great work there, Milos!

I really liked the module's design, pretty cool and well put together :)

Fazor

I recently got one of these from Milos. All I can say is wow... such a quality build and host. Along with his advice, he hooked me up with some accessories... tripod, mirrors, filters, ect. Excellent guy, Excellent Laser. Thanks Milos!