Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Introducing Myself (Finally)

Hello,

As I was looking over my old posts, I saw that I had never made a welcome thread! So even though I joined around 9 months ago, I figured it is better nate than lever. :yh:

I have always been interested in science and even lasers, but I never knew that you could build them until I found some videos by styropyro, who then led me to the forum.

In my spare time, when not doing something with lasers or school, I enjoy reading and gaming on the computer. Stuff like Minecraft, Castle Crashers, and Terraria.

:thanks: for reading

ru124t

Welcome to the forum ! Stay in school and don't do drugs! ROFLMAO Wear your googles and always wash your hands! And most of all remember, only you can prevent forest fires. Have fun with your lasers and stay safe!

Last edited:
Welcome--

You may want to try and make the Orlando laser meet (FLEM) its a gathering of both hobby and pro laser show people- A great place to show the better side of laser ownership-once people see a cool show to some music that they happen to like that "WHY" can become a "WOW" -Its a two day(3 night) affair but you can come and just see whats going on for a day-

-- google FLEM and follow the links- starts on the last friday of this month- and ends on Sunday-- If you cant do more than just one day I suggest you try to arrive quite early SAT> --like 9AM and try to stay as late as you can--you still would need to sign up for this event at the laser show forum ( you will find that in the FLEM links) great place to meet forum members who may someday be very helpful--
super photo op- just try to NOT take a direct hit into your lens as that can do damage.
So you need to be below or off to one side of the beams- and should consider using a less expensive camera--
Also go ahead and join the FLORIDA laser social group here at LPF- there will be LPMs at these(& all LEMs) and you can get any lasers metered while there-

there will also be a BS&T area where good deals happen--

You can bring handhelds with you but DO NOT shine them outside ever at FLEM - and show respect for the hard work it takes to create a show by not shinning during shows.

I suggest you wear your safety goggles/glasses around your neck-- ready to use when needed (like entering the 'danger zones' )-- In time pros develop a '6th sense' about the danger- so dont be surprized but seeing goggles NOT being used much at LEMs--
You will get to see some old school gas lasers- & maybe the only place you would ever get to see them-especially up close.

LEMs are NOT open at all to the public and all who enter MUST sign a waiver-- even guests.

You WILL need to join the 'other' forum to get on the list and send in the modest fee.
That needs to be DONE NOW. Almost every forum member who lives in Fl will be there. -- so dont be at all shy about meeting them and begin your laser networking-
wish I could go but no extra $$ and its a long drive to get there.

hak

Last edited:
Welcome NPG! I also love playing video games on my spare time, minecraft is one of my favorite games :p

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the late response but I was busy all yesterday. I will see if I can make it to FLEM, but it is doubtful because I think I am busy on that Friday and Saturday.

@Tha Greenlander I saw your "Lasers in Minecraft" video. It looked good.

j2k

Welcome to the forums, sounds like you've been around a while though. :yh: