Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interesting laser eye wear concept

Laser safety contact lenses!
How cool would it be to not have to worry about glasses and just be able to have contacts that are laser safe. I wonder if it's possible. I will admit that it would be annoying having to take out a pair of contact lenses every time you wanted see normally but I just think the concept of laser safe contact lenses is very cool. What do you guys think?

Except the only people that are accustomed to contact lenses... generally need contact lenses to see well. So they would have to choose between being able to see properly and being protected from a beam. (I don't think you can wear two pairs of contact lenses at once, can you?)

Of course there is also the option of prescription laser-safety contact lenses, but since they would probably cost several thousand dollars...

just stick with glasses :)

Except the only people that are accustomed to contact lenses... generally need contact lenses to see well. So they would have to choose between being able to see properly and being protected from a beam. (I don't think you can wear two pairs of contact lenses at once, can you?)

Of course there is also the option of prescription laser-safety contact lenses, but since they would probably cost several thousand dollars...

just stick with glasses :)

LoL I know it just seemed like a cool concept.

rhd

This is a horrible idea.

What do you think happens to all the laser light that your safety glasses block? It gets absorbed by the glasses and basically turned into heat.

Do you really want a thin contact lens, sitting right up against your eyeball, to suddenly start absorbing 2W of power that it dissipates as heat?

This is a horrible idea.

What do you think happens to all the laser light that your safety glasses block? It gets absorbed by the glasses and basically turned into heat.

Do you really want a thin contact lens, sitting right up against your eyeball, to suddenly start absorbing 2W of power that it dissipates as heat?

Good point. But that's why I used the word concept, that way if it's horrible I can avoid all responsibility for it. :D

Last edited:

Hmm.. I have an odd craving for some nice boiled eggs & toast. :p
And cake! :bday:

Last edited:
My new laser safety goggles have 6mm think filters. Try fitting that in contacts.

^^^I'll stick to my brick goggles thank you very much:na:

brick-glasses.jpg

(I don't think you can wear two pairs of contact lenses at once, can you?)

No they can't... I actually tried with some disposables and halloween fx lenses one time, and it was a disaster.... ruined both lenses.

Last edited:
^^^I'll stick to my brick goggles thank you very much:na:

brick-glasses.jpg

No they can't... I actually tried with some disposables and halloween fx lenses one time, and it was a disaster.... ruined both lenses.

Lol my attempt at brick contact lenses failed.

It would work, but they'd be very uncomfortable as to work they'd have to be like x3 the thickness of normal lenses. Plus they'd be expensive. So it's just not very practical.

It would work, but they'd be very uncomfortable as to work they'd have to be like x3 the thickness of normal lenses. Plus they'd be expensive. So it's just not very practical.

You talking about my brick contact lenses?