Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interest guage...

S

SenKat

Okay - have an idea....

Over on CPF they hold raffles sometimes to raise money, etc...
Well, I have some pretty neat stuff sitting here, that I will most likely not ever get to use - and it is piling up biggie time ! So - what kind of interest level is there for helping me clean out my garage ? I have some HeNe lasers, a TON of Optics (Not Nova's stuff - that was a gift, I will not sell that !) a few lasers, etc....what do you guys think ? I have a few items I owe people - some red lasers I am making, so those would be off limits, until I get those out to their rightful owners. Here is how it would work :
{This is a sample item, etc - not really for sale !}

Item : Hercules 900 ! (yes - VERY make believe !)
Tickets are $10.00 (Or whatever price is selected) each (paypal or fast money order/check)
The raffle runs for a set amount of time
Everyone is assigned a ticket with a number on it.
At the end of the raffle - I video tape all the numbers being tossed in a bucket - and the winner is drawn out !

The winner then wins the item, and it is shipped to them. USPS Priority being the standard, with other options available, but winner has to pay for it.

If anyone wants to do a raffle - I STRONGLY suggest it be "controlled" by a mod - to keep it on the level, and so we do not end up with any issues from someone taking the money and running, sort of thing !

So - does that make sense, and is it a good idea ? On CPF, they get donations for items to be raffled, and it is a 50/50 raffle - half goes to the person who "donated" the item, and the other half goes to c0ldshadow - so her upgrade the board, pay for bandwidth, etc !

I'm all for it - It has the possibilities of helping three people at once ! c0ldshadow, our illustrious leader, the donator, and the winner of the raffle ! I saw a raffle over on CPF (now they have a HUGE membership) total out around a 3k mark, with only $10.00 tickets ! Who knows ? Maybe we could get some of the companies that frequent this board to donate an item, or whatnot ? Give me your thoughts !

Greg

K

kingzilla

Damn! No Hercules 1W! ;D

Great idea though, I will definatly participate. :)

Let me see if I understand, half the cash collected during the raffle goes to the person who provided the item and the other half goes to the board, c0ldshadow??
If i understood correctly I think that's a great idea!

lets do it man!!! I'll enter in like every raffle, but I'll never win, I don't win anything....ever!!! :mad:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Sounds like a really cool idea , Greg

The video taping numbers in the hat idea makes a lot of sense i think, so it's fair or whatever.

SenKat, btw congratulations you almost have 2000 posts!!

S

SenKat

Holy crap ! I must talk a lot, eh ? LOL ! Cool - glad you like the idea ! After all, it is your bandwidth we chew up all the time ! :cool: