Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interest guage - 200mw 660nm red pointers...

S

SenKat

Here is the great news about the broken ones - it DOES appear that the only thing wrong was the glue that held them together in the middle gave way - I held one together, popped in some batts, and 168mw of red came blasting out ! :) So - they are functional ! That is the only one I had time to test of the broken ones - I have to take my daughter, and 10 other screaming 14 &15 year olds to the ice rink :p

chimo

SenKat said:
Here is the great news about the broken ones - it DOES appear that the only thing wrong was the glue that held them together in the middle gave way - I held one together, popped in some batts, and 168mw of red came blasting out ! :)  So - they are functional !  That is the only one I had time to test of the broken ones - I have to take my daughter, and 10 other screaming 14 &15 year olds to the ice rink :p

Great news on the broken ones!  

I am down for one but perhaps I should get another....  Is there only one left to sell to make the quota?  If so, I would like to buy another.

My step daughter is now 18, but I hear you on the screaming bit.  You have the goggles/glasses to protect your vision, perhaps you need some ear plugs to protect your hearing. :)

Paul

wizcam

I would like to have a 200mw laser ;D and I will wait if necessary. But if the majority will accept 180-200 then I will abide with the majorities decision. Since you know more about lasers than I do, you can test the hell out of mine if you wish, to see if it measures up to your standards. If you decide it's not good enough and want the company to send more, I will wait until you are satisfied.

Stan

I'm not trying to be a PITA, but I choose to wait longer to get better laser that measure 200mW or more...

Daedal

I don't mind waiting a little more on the newer units to come in and see if they actually decide to test up to their specified 200mW claim. I really appreciate your efforts and dedicated work in this matter Greg. Hopefully this will be behind us soon and I really hope that you are not taking any huge losses on this whole deal. Perhaps someone with a LaserCheck could ship theirs out to Greg to get a second opinion on the measure of these lasers? Just throwing it out there as a possibility for now.

GL and thanx Greg;
DDL

Y

yew.sir-name

if it is at no personal cost to you i'm willing to wait, i may even buy some diodes from your group buy if funds suffice and you have any left. i'd also be interested to know howmany tested out underpowerd.

also

thanks for the honesty, as hardly anyone has a lasercheck you could easy ship out 180's and nobody would be any the wiser. you're a nice genuine guy :)

nobody

I agree that I'd rather wait for as much power as we can get, IF it's NOT going to put you out for money.

Well I just got back off holiday and shocked to find this all going on still, ah well. Outstanding service you are giving us Greg, I am more annoyed at myself for putting you through all this........ The higher the mW the better but I guess for the price 180mW is good but if we can get 200+mW ones I would much rather wait, guess what I am trying to say is I will go with the flow especially if it makes your job easier but would prefer a 200+ if possible and I dont mind waiting.

S

SenKat

I appreciate all the support everyone is showing with all of this drama and crap - I am completely overwhelmed :) I am doing my best to ensure that everyone is happy - and that means I will deal with each one of you seperately on this - I am not going to allow the majority to rule what happens with everyone else's lasers - that just doesn't seem fair to me. Any additional costs ? wel, if they happen, I will let everyone know, as I did not anticipate these issues - and as such did not build in that large of a buffer for these guys :( But we will see how it works out, I fully intend on making the vendor pay for shipping, since it is THEIR product, and it is faulty...

Greg,

Have all of the broken units been sold? If so, I would like you to send mine when you can. As to the full priced units, I am willing to wait if that is what the others wish.

Thanks for all you do.

Regards,
Tom

Whow Greg.

First off, you're the man! What a PAIN IN THE BUTT this whole thing has blown up to.
Secondly, it's really too bad that the newly sent units don't even perform as intended.
Lastly, did I mention "You Da man!"?

ok ok, got that done with. Sounds like all the original broken shipment ones are "spoken for"?

just checking to see... I know you are very busy and I respect the massive about of time you have put into this whole thing in order to help fellow laser lovers out.

Kyle

micron

I second that thought. "Greg's da man!". Greg has really spent a lot of time taking care of this and making sure we get quality products. I haven't purchased anything from him in the past, but have on order several items and am confident Greg will get the job done based on his reputation on the board and from his quick email responses.

Thanks!

Kin

chimo

popcorndh9.gif

S

SenKat

HELOOOOO EVERYONE ! :D

I have confirmation that the diodes will be here tomorrow - my neighbor will receive them for me, as I will be doing the family celebration with my daughter for her Birthday that day (Her actual Birthday) now, I fully expect to have them divided up, and mailed out Thursday, but at the LATEST it would be Friday. The SenTorches that are being sent out will go out at the same time, so those that bought both will receive both unless you receive an email from me prior to that time, asking for your preferences on the high powered reds....Sorry to meld two group buys into one thread - I will copy this, and cross post it in the other thread as well so everyone sees it. Again, thanks for your patience - for being jobless, I sure as hell have been busy as hell the past week ! (Part of the blame falls on Harry Potter, as well ! *grin*