Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Info optics for a smaller beam at 5m

Hurry

Hello everyone!

I'm new in the environment and do not have much experience in optical ...

I purchased a nubm44 diode and would like to install the optical order to have a small beam 4/5m meters and not lose power.

I saw the Cylindrical lenses (2 and 3X), but the beam could be about 20mm to 5m, i wanted something smaller, around 5mm or less (i'm dreamer?).

What do you recommend optics?

Very bad idea. If you use that diode, your house will be on fire and you will be blind in about ten seconds. Go back and do a search on safety, and the dangers of a NUBM44 diode.
Ed

Hurry

Very bad idea. If you use that diode, your house will be on fire and you will be blind in about ten seconds. Go back and do a search on safety, and the dangers of a NUBM44 diode.
Ed

is really dangerous?

I use safety glasses with 20% light transmission with potection from 190-540nm and 800-2000nm wave lenght.

it's not enough?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes the NUBM44 is really dangerous. You need OD 5 goggles.

Encap

Not a good choice for your application many reasons among them: poor beam quality/wide beam/high divergence as you pointed out.

Divergence on these high power multimode diodes is terrible - there are things you can do to improve them but you have to make a trade somewhere, either for output power or beam diameter (or both!).

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well we already pointed out that the application is not a good choice either. :whistle:

Last edited:
You can take a large PCX lens and put it in front of a NUBM44 to focus the beam down to a tiny spot 15 feet away. I did this with a 7 inch diameter PCX lens that had a 18 inch focal length.