Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

In need of some suggestions

Hey all, I'm just posting this out of curiosity/for advice.
I have an excess of Aixiz Module backings. Y'know, the part most of us use to press the diode into the front end? Well I've always used a custom pressing tool I drilled out since the aixiz backings warp over time.

Anyway, onto the question.
What do you guys do with these? It seems like such a waste to toss them! I was wondering if anyone has ideas of what to do with these.

Thanks!

Blord

I have a bunch of them too. I have no use for them and left on the shelf. They are just left-overs like glass windows and reflectors of the flash-lights.

daguin

FlamingPyro and Mohrenberg use them as part of their diode presses

Mostly mine get tossed in the trash though

Peace,
dave

Decorate something with them, use them as standoffs on boards, or other misc uses. You could also cut off the threaded section and screw it onto the head to give yourself that little bit of extra metal contact with whatever you're heatsinking it to.

sinner

I have about 25 of them , and 10 more attached to a new 10's pack which i might not use aswell so that makes 35 of them and they will end up in the trash as soon as i decide to clean the table.. I didnt throw them away because just like everyone else i thought i might find some use of them because they are too many..
Let me know when you make something out of it :D
I was thinking to make a laser with 2x button cells and a small smd switch on the tail hole.. a spring from inside of a clicky switch.. well that's too complicated i guess..