Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Importing lazers to Australia no label?

Devok

I was planing to import a red 200mw lazer pointer from one of those Chinese sites which told me they remove the sticker and it will get through customs easy, and they have done it with many others. Is this even true? Cheers.

Fiddy

from what ive heard around the forums is that customs test the power of the laser if it is a complete laser.

Devok

from what ive heard around the forums is that customs test the power of the laser if it is a complete laser.

Thought if there's no label discription, then perhaps, customs wouldn't care or let it through? Some of those chinese sites, have people rating that they have received it? Unless its total bull. Around 2009 I did receive a lazer fom deals extreme which was a 200mw, but now broken fell of my telescope..
Windering how did that past customs? Maybe things always slip through?

Lase

It's luck of the draw really. 1000 lasers may make it through customs and yours might be the one they catch.

Certain websites are on a list of known illegal imports and will always have their packages checked. Taking the label off it doesn't help if they test the output.

Lase

Devok

It's luck of the draw really. 1000 lasers may make it through customs and yours might be the one they catch.

Certain websites are on a list of known illegal imports and will always have their packages checked. Taking the label off it doesn't help if they test the output.

Lase

I normally pay online with PayPal, if i dont receiev the product, can I dispute it?what is the worst that can happen if caught importing lazer goods, besides it being destroyed?

Fiddy

Hehe well my friend, there is an abundance of information on this forum! its up to you how you use it :D

Devok

Hehe well my friend, there is an abundance of information on this forum! its up to you how you use it :D

thanks mate, just did some quick research..
what would be the best place to start buying parts? wouldnt it be best to buy and import parts all from one place or different? i was also cosidering asking a seller to break up a pointer and ship it in bits, but will obviously be charged alot more.

vk2fro

I am taking a punt on a <1mw greenie from an aussie seller with a shipping date 3 days from payment on ebay. I just hope it actually IS in sydney, and doesnt have to come from china. I'm giving it to a friend as a cat play toy. (she just got two adorable kittens, and I remember playing "tag the spot" with my cat many years ago with a red pointer).

*fingers crossed*