Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Important Information on Eye Safety

I don't understand all the medical terms here....
BUT -- a laser is NOT a toy to be given to children.
Where are the parents' brains?
HMike

Must've been one of those "5mW" 3-color sets you can get on Amazon.com. Even if they were spot-on under 5mW they're not toys. I just hope this country doesn't pass legislation like Australia where having a laser > Class 2 is illegal because of stuff like this.

I don't understand all the medical terms here....
BUT -- a laser is NOT a toy to be given to children.
Where are the parents' brains?
HMike

You'd be surprised (or not) what I saw in Thailand. Kids playing with 1W 445nm and so called 200mW green Chinese style laser pointers
from the "electronics boutique" shops. No safety ware and the vendors were even pointing them at their faces to demo different lens/polarizers. :(

life is REALLY cheap there.

@Bionic-Badger: I think we are in agreement here... just inputting my 20 won's worth,
On banning lasers, just like anything you can't ban stupidity nor legislate common sense. (common sense is a cultural phenomenon and isn't universal)
Australia for all it's banning of certain firearms (semiautomatic), knives and lasers has done NOTHING to solve it's social problems.
Unfortunately I get the impression that the Australian Govt still thinks its duty is to protect people from themselves.
Look how great that worked on the Aboriginal Peoples until fairly recent.

Last edited: