Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm wanting to buy a blue laser is this a good one and good site?

yes, dragonlasers is very trusted. Ive personally talked to frank and he is a very helpful guy.

Im surprised nobody suggested safety yet!

Make sure you look into getting a pair of certified glasses for this wavelength. Im pretty sure dragonlasers does not include these. 445-447 is "VERY" bad for your eyes. I would strongly suggest them.

Im not quite sure where 445-447 glasses are being sold otherwise i would post a link. (sombody post one :)?)

Anyhow enjoy your stay and be safe!

Jeff

Sorry, i should've been more specific. They purchase in bulk from CNI and therefore get e discount, they have CNI's lasers on hand and ready to ship (usually) as opposed to contacting CNI, getting a ridiculous price, and waiting for it to be made. Also i believe the safety goggles are the same as for 532nm.

EDIT: 190-540 http://www.dragonlasers.com/product.php?productid=16242&cat=0&page=1&featured

Last edited:
Does anyone here build lasers anymore or is this LPF forum soly for appliance opperators. Learn and build. You might be proud of what you can do, for once, with your own hands and mind.

HMike

@HMike; There's plenty of both types here, but new people do arrive and we do our best to help them no matter what they do with lasers, and who knows, they may grow bored and start building their own. All in good time my friend. ;)

Kevlar

Does anyone here build lasers anymore or is this LPF forum soly for appliance opperators. Learn and build. You might be proud of what you can do, for once, with your own hands and mind.

HMike

Here, here Mike :beer: That way, when you are showing people this "really cool" blue laser, and they say WOW!!! Where did you buy that? You can say, "I built it!!" :D

here's a more cost effective site for the UV/Blue laser you were looking at:
405nm 150mW blu-ray pen /adjustable [OLBVL150] - $95.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

and a much more powerful laser in the same colour again for a better price:
200mW blu-ray torch/adjustable/focusable [OL-405-200-T] - $105.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

then of course there is................
dragonlasers.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at the thread about if you've ever gotten in trouble with your laser and started wondering if these lasers could be owned in the US more specifcly california

Trevor

Ya, cyan is 488nm, very nice color but it can only be achieved through gas lasers or extremely pricey and unstable DPSS units. :( i'd love to have a 488nm pointer, but it's not currently possible. :(

On a less relevant note, I got a 488nm DPSS unit to stabilize. But... still pricey. :undecided:

-Trevor

They are legal to own, they are illegal to import but you'll only get in trouble if you annoy people, shine it at a cop, or shine it at an airplane.

@twhite; I saw that on the thread aryntha started, it's pretty sweet. I'd love to have one, just don't have the $$$ and if I did I'd probably not spend it on something so unstable.

Also; I do not think the Spartan is ready to ship.

Ya, all the lasers in my sig have gotten through just fine, and both wicked and dragon will send another if your laser is seized by customs.