Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm new.

M3tal

Hey everybody!

I've been interested in lasers since about 20 years ago when I tried (and failed) to build a dye laser for high school science fair. Right now I only have 1 laser, a ~5mw Leadlight 532nm with the pot maxed out, which makes it a little brighter than stock. I've been trying to get my hands on a decent 405nm laser. I tried to buy a WickedLasers Elite but after I realized I would probably never get it I canceled (to no avail) but finally got my money by filing a chargeback with my bank. So then I bought what was advertised as a 100mw 405nm focusable laser from Amazon which died 3 days and 1 battery later, so sent that one back for a refund. I finally realized that the only way I will probably ever get a decent quality laser is to build one myself, which led me here.

So if anyone knows where I can get high quality parts for cheap, feel free to give me your input... :bowdown:

Congrats on the wise decision to build your own ;)
O-like is a good source for laser components or even the whole completed laser if need be.
They sell drivers and diodes as well as modules and lenses etc.
There are a few people building heatsinks on this forum as well.
I am building some, mohrenberg (I think) is still selling some, there are a few other people but I can't remember names right now.

M3tal

Thanks for the quick response. I'm trying to get the core components for my first build but only have about $60 to play with so I will find a host later, tho I am already eyeing some of those sweet Jayrob kits.

Howdy and welcome to the forum :wave: If you are looking for good parts look no farther I have a very good stock of most laser parts here so no waiting ;)
Please PM me with your requests !