Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm new, welcome me!

What is up guys? New to the laser scene here, although I've tried to read up on the stickies. I'm an avid pc gaming enthusiast, and love to work with my hands creating and maching stuff in the shop, so I figured this would make a nice little hobby for me (And doesn't seem nearly expensive as computers :undecided:)

First project I'm about to order here tonight consists of:
Rkcstr driver
PHR-803T in Aixiz from hightechdealz
2x Ultrafire 18500's
Trustfire charger

I plan on milling out my own host from Ti (and anodizing it), only delima I see thus far (Apart from if those parts wont work together or something), is how to make or get a tail cap switch for the end of the host.

DX has these: DealExtreme: $1.90 Clicky Switch for Flashlights (11mm 5-Pack)
But how easy would they be to machine into a host, and how reliable are they?

Thanks for the good reading material in the stickies thus far, hopefully you'll see me around some more.

-mat

GOOD LUCK on the cheaper than computers part:yh:

kinda starts out like that then....

you will see- :whistle:

do your homework- lots of great builders and machinists here and a few appliance operators too:p

we like photos and you will get better and quicker answers if you post photos of what you are asking about in the future.

You can get help but maybe not all their secrets!!

buying a kit is a good way to see how the pros do it.

from one Buckeye to another......WELCOME......:yh:

Hak(Canton born);)

Sounds good, Dyn0mite, - jumping in with both feet I see!

When looking at an endcap switch you have to be sure that they can withstand the current you're putting through the driver and at 0.5A, it seems that these *would* work with a PHR.

However, as far as milling goes - I'm not sure about that. Might want to ask Jayrob or the like; I know some folks have done their own milling here.

You MIGHT be better off cannibalizing an existing endcap and just milling the threads into your custom host. Sure, it wouldn't be Ti all the way around, but I'm just guessing you'd save yourself a lot of headache.

If you want to get up and running quickly though I've gotta recommend Jayrob's hosts; one order from him did move me from appliance operator (Well, sorta -- I certainly had to work to get some of my HeNes and my Novalux going) - to builder; and you can always move on to a new host once it's done.

Welcome. Love to see a nice Ti host.
Remember laser glasses!
405nm doesn't look that bright but reflections from a PHR will hurt you.

Welcome to the forum man. Im pretty new here also but already I can tell you that everyone here is pretty helpful. you already seem to have alot figured out. But always more to learn hope to see you around,

Codie.