Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Im new to this and I need help!

Dub

Hi guys! I want to get a laser to point at the stars and have fun with popping ballons and lighting matches, since I dont know the laser industry much, im asking any advice on what to buy, where to buy and why! My budget for the laser is 150$ and i like the green/blue colors. Ive seen so many bad reviews on so many site so I came here for help!

Well before the " show me your papers " clown comes along wanting you to make a welcome post lets see if I can help.......do you have any laser safety glasses ? pssttt I'm the safety clown.....You do need laser safety glasses if you want to burn/pop so get them here.

Ok you have 150.00 to spend and you want to what......burn stuff and point at stars......you do know about all the people in jail for pointing at airplanes doncha ? Yea, make sure to never do that.....actually for star pointing I like to go as low as possible so I can see it without drawing unwanted attention, a 50mw 520nm such as an osram diode is nice, for popping balloons a BDR-209 and burning a NDB7875.

I would get a module from DTR and a host from Lifetime17 and get the safety glasses or you could go blind, no joke.

I'd tell you to buy a 520nm direct diode green, but those tend to cost more than you are willing to spend in powers above 1 watt. You could buy one of the 301 or 303 style 532nm pointers, which run about $6.00 each, but they won't burn stuff. Still you could get a few as I have and be assured that at least one is outputting 80 mW. You could get a 445nm to 450nm blue laser for that amount of money that could burn stuff, but they are much dimmer mW for mW.

Sanwu is good but you save money if you can solder a couple of wires buying the module and host yourself.

Last edited:
Any good website for shopping lasers?

as was mentioned if you can solder a little bit try here.

You could grab a blue w/driver and lens - then you'd need a host and goggles, a battery and charger. still going to be pushing to get it all for the price, but it could be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub
Hi,
Welcome to LPF safety first as RED said get your glasses . Enjoy and be safe, Here is a EDC but only about 36mW's but still very bright for star gazing.
Rich:)

View media item 1446