Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm looking for input on host designs.

I'm curios if anyone else would be interested in a blade attachment like my lightsaber?

Reactions: GSS

Encap

How about a really good precision focusing mechanism that is tight and has a good precision feel and focusing capability--preferably internal but if too complicated something better than the poor quality people have to put up generally.

Last edited:

Druzen

You could use the clamps on a tripod like sanwu's to hold down the momentary switch, that's what I do. Or, you could tape the button down to have it stay on. I think clamping it is the best option though.

Oh nice, yeah i didnt think of that creative option. But im trying to find something more of a permanent solution. Im sure there will be a time where i wont be anywhere near my tripod or tape and need it to stay on.

AaronT

Oh nice, yeah i didnt think of that creative option. But im trying to find something more of a permanent solution. Im sure there will be a time where i wont be anywhere near my tripod or tape and need it to stay on.

I'm going to get one and see if I can't alter the switch to have a "click on click off" function. I don't think this is a big issue as your not going to want to run the 510 modules more than 45sec on 30sec off and for the high powered ones 30sec on 45sec off.

I really wish there was a locking tail cap I could use in conjunction with the side switch. It would be mostly a safety feature to give me a warm and fuzzy.

I'd settle for any devise that would provide a "locked off" feature.

Druzen

I'm going to get one and see if I can't alter the switch to have a "click on click off" function. I don't think this is a big issue as your not going to want to run the 510 modules more than 45sec on 30sec off and for the high powered ones 30sec on 45sec off.

I really wish there was a locking tail cap I could use in conjunction with the side switch. It would be mostly a safety feature to give me a warm and fuzzy.

I'd settle for any devise that would provide a "locked off" feature.

Yes! Please keep us updated on the tail switch modification!!

I myself am trying to see if we can somehow use the inner components of a on/off switch from the tail cap of a flashlight to 'Frankenstein' that same mechanism into the bottom of the Mechanical mod... It would be even easier if the flashlight tail cap could fit directly on to the mechanical mod body/tube...

Anywho Let me know what u come up with.. i would tinker with it myself if i had a mod with me and a similar sized flashlight tailcap... but i have one shipping as we speak so i will inspect then.

AaronT

Yes! Please keep us updated on the tail switch modification!!

I myself am trying to see if we can somehow use the inner components of a on/off switch from the tail cap of a flashlight to 'Frankenstein' that same mechanism into the bottom of the Mechanical mod... It would be even easier if the flashlight tail cap could fit directly on to the mechanical mod body/tube...

Anywho Let me know what u come up with.. i would tinker with it myself if i had a mod with me and a similar sized flashlight tailcap... but i have one shipping as we speak so i will inspect then.
I have some cheap "303" type lasers from ebay, they have a key lock bottom and are about 22mm. If I'm lucky the threading is the same.