Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm looking for a certain good laser pointer...

Shooey

I want a green laser pointer that can be seen from fairly far.. I don't need MILES, like a good 9,000-15,000 feet works for me. But I want one of the kind that burn. Is there any like this that I can buy somewhat cheap? Like under $200?

jake21

Re: I'm looking for a certain good laser pointer..

ill be getting a 100-150mw green module i could make u a laser from :cool:

Shooey

Well thing is I only have $40 right now... well $45 to be exact. I need to get the money first... I'm young and jobless at the moment (the place I used to work at went outta business  :() so I got limited ways to get money... So it would take me some time before I get any lasers.

Of course, I know very little about lasers in the first place. I'm not sure on what the nm or whatever it is, and the mW are for. I know what the stand for of course, but I just don't know what they do. I'm scientifically retarded :D.

EDIT: Would something like this work for my standards as listed above?

thinkgeek-dot-com/gadgets/lights/5a47/ (copy and paste, and replace the -dot- with... obviously a dot. I don't have the rights for posting links)

I tried to do research on it, but I don't understand like 90% of what anything says. I just want a laser that'll go pretty far, that'll sting/burn.

For the best bang for your buck, in a regular style pointer, this is probably at the top of the list for your best options:

http://o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=930

Susie tests all of her lasers and has great customer support should any problem arise.

But if you absolutely cant spend more than 20-ish I guess I'll recommend Ledshoppe 50mw.

Shooey

I'll definitely go for more than $20... $200 is what I feel is a bit much. I only have $45 right now, but I am saving up money.

I say get a red laser for burning and a green laser for pointer. It will save you money, plus a 200mW red laser from o-like.com ($45 and comes with batteries + charger) will burn better than any green laser under $400. Then you can buy a 30mW-50mW green laser for under $30 that will be VERY bright for what you need.

i say buy a 100mW module from 0-like for $70 and have someone make you a laser with it!

hmmmm....

i may start making green lasers when my all machined host goes into production ;D ;D

Shooey

styropyro said:
I say get a red laser for burning and a green laser for pointer. It will save you money, plus a 200mW red laser from o-like.com ($45 and comes with batteries + charger) will burn better than any green laser under $400. Then you can buy a 30mW-50mW green laser for under $30 that will be VERY bright for what you need.

Actually that sounds good. Would the red laser be visible like in the dark? I mean the laser, not just the point? I can live without it though either way. I do definitely plan on doing that though. Can you send me some links for the two?

red is not very visible........also at 200mw. XD. is more trustable the led shoppe 50mw or the dealextreme 50mw? both seems to be often around 50mw (sometimes 45...sometimes 55..60) but.. what have the best divergence?

Shooey

So for my standards... Which one would be better to buy?

http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=908
along with...
http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=926

Or just get this...

http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=928

Note that I really dunno what to look at when looking at specs.... I know that red one can burn, but one those greens I dunno a thing. But from what I can make out, it seems like they're both the same for the most part? I'm using the green for pointing, and the red for burning by the way in the first combo. I don't even know if the second one will burn.