Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm building a Battle-Bot

MERC

The lawnmower blade would be far superior. Hazard won tons in battlebots.

Edit:
Ninja-d. :(
The point is to rip - not cut.
Unless extremely well built, saw systems are ineffective.
The more energy in a single hit the better.
After first contact, my bot will be pushed back. Lots of little teeth on a saw blade will just skim on the opponent's armor. Also, I already have one. ;)

Probably not.
If for some reason it is, I will link.
:)

Also, I just ordered the 2x10 speed controller and a solenoid/switch set up for the weapon.

....now to wait the week....

Pilgor

OMG someone should build a battle-bot with like a 60W co2 laser.

HIMNL9

LOL @ the clown ..... and at the crew :crackup:

I looked at that show for the time they transmitted it in Italy, and it was funny all the times (some of them made me almost literally rotfl :p :D)

BTW, if you have some skills in mechanical assemblies, i can give you a project that i made years ago, about a combat bot, "MirrorShroud", for friends (they wanted to join the show, but they failed in making it working, cause it was difficult to build)

Basically it was a double-face round platform (so no matter if it become flipped), with an external "ring" of high-speed steel spinning corners (not a blade, eight triangular heavy steel corners ..... imagine the basis of two square pyramids, one flipped and overimposed on the other rotated 1/8 of turn), very heavy ..... not too much "defensive", but the external part, in rotation, may have enough energy for rip almost anything :p :D ..... the only problem is that it need some mechanical abilities and some machines, in building the external rolling parts and support rings :p

MERC

I liked the British version of robot wars more than the American, Totally forgot about the bad ass corner robots.

w00t go razor!!!

I used to love that show! I liked that one that looked like a hawk and had the giant pneumatic pincers that pierced anything

and helga or whatever the hippo/rhino thing was called! :crackup:

Well... I did some welding today.
Those things on the back are wheelie bars.
Only 2 wheels, you know.
edit:

Wow... I forgot the pics, one sec.

Also, I'm abandoning the lawnmower blade.

I'm going to make a huge hammer-like blunt object about where the blade was going to go.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Fun fact:

Hitting yourself here with a large hammer hurts.
A LOT.
2525-hands.jpg

Well...
I'm more or less the happiest person on earth right now.

....BUT THEN...
I have everything put together.
It works, more or less.
I can't seem to go 'full speed'.
By this I mean that up until a certain point on the controller stick, everything works fine.
After that, the control becomes very unresponsive and sticky, starting and stopping.

Is this due to the RF interference from the DC motors?
(I am still waiting on the ceramic caps to some in the mail)

...or is it something else?

HIMNL9

I can't say about your assembly, ofcourse, cause i don't have it here for test it ;) ..... but, basically, using motors AND rf controllers together, is always better to place an RF trap on each motor, the more closer possible to the motor (better if directly soldered on motor pins).

A pair of small coils and few 100nF capacitors can do the work and take away all the RF spikes, so you can check if the problem is due to them or not ..... place one cap in parallel to the motor, two connected from the motor pins and the ground (motor chassis) and the 2 coils in serie to the motor wires (and ofcourse, build the coils with wire big enough for hold the current of your motor)