Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm Almost Ready For 20W!!!

That all sounds very adventurous. I believe I will be waiting for more expert opinion before proceeding with altering either of my Ophirs. One is still NIB, and I don't want to spoil a good sale by dicking with it...or my personal one.

djQUAN

Adjusting the gain pot makes sense and could work. BUT only if Ophir gave enough range that the pot adjustment range can go down to 0.5V/W. The pot is a 25 turn device so it'll take you a while to reach one from end to the other ;)

It can be done and reversible if you have another LPM as reference and since you do have an extra Ophir, you could use that. That is, if you're adventurous enough.

Adjusting the gain pot makes sense and could work. BUT only if Ophir gave enough range that the pot adjustment range can go down to 0.5V/W. The pot is a 25 turn device so it'll take you a while to reach one from end to the other ;)

It can be done and reversible if you have another LPM as reference and since you do have an extra Ophir, you could use that. That is, if you're adventurous enough.

djQUAN understood me!
Yeah if it don't give enough range, it probably has a Gain(minimum) resistor that you can bypass. Thats quite aventurous though. When I get my hands on an ophir I'll try it :eg: