Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm afraid to ask this at CPF...

rhd

Alright, I officially know how it feels when we tell new entrants here to
"Just DIY a DDL driver with a 1117 instead of a 317. It's LDO, so you can handle the higher Vf of a 445 that the PIV curves indicates for 1.5A builds......"

I followed about 60% if what you said :) (not your fault)

Perhaps I might go with the standard LEDs on one of those neat metal-backed boards on heatsink config. I'm getting my flashlight bored for an 18650 cell so I can get rid of all my ____fire cells, it would be THE host for that 5-LED drop-in that VanIsle makes (if I ever get one.)

I guess this is what happens when you visit cpf too much. Glad it's harder to talk like that in real life.

rhd

That's cool -

Do you know of any simple approach to paralleling batteries in a host like that ?

Toke

That's cool -

Do you know of any simple approach to paralleling batteries in a host like that ?

Simple and simple. :thinking:
If you get a small plastic dish* to separate each battery, and then run a wire along them to each -, and another to each + you should have them in parallel. Some tape would be required, and recharging as a pack.

I was thinking** of using a length of 20mm electricians pipe split down the middle and then glue/tape two brass foil conductors/strips to the inside.
The whole thing would have to be slid out and the batteries replaced sideways or charged in the pipe.
(Mostly because I have the foil and can get the pipe.)

*Available in Vegas. :whistle:
**Was and was, I just made it up. I am a little preoccupied right now with the 4 notices from the post office. :drool:
(And whether a 20W diode bar can be run by LiFePO4 and effect resistors, or means that I HAVE to spend those $350-400 on a laboratory power supply, you know the 0-30V, 0-20A kind. :D)

I kinda forgot where I was for a second. VanIsle is a light enthusiast, I first saw him over at HIDPlanet before it became Retrofit Source. I moved to CPF and he was there too, recently started making custom LED builds. I tried to find a cheaper way to get my hands on one of these, but I just couldn't find the money nor did I want to insult VanIsle by asking for it cheaper.

Perhaps I might go with the standard LEDs on MCPCB on heatsink config. I'm getting my 6P bored for an 18650 cell so I can get rid of all my ____fire cells, it would be THE host for that 5-LED drop-in if I ever get one.

Don't get it bored? I think AW makes a 17670 cell, they fit in the stock 6P body. I'll probably be using 17670s if I get an XM-L P60 for one of my 6Ps. I've also got a stock Winelight II that's on it's way, also 17670. I'm gonna leave that incan though, get a nice strong bulb in it. </offtopic>