Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IgorT 100mW Blu-Ray review + pix

IgorT

Cool! Ordered three tripods, and four clamps. already have a tiny tripod from DX. But these look much better!

In the pictures, it looks like a mean lazor turret. ;)

The tripod is not that good,it isn't able to sustain anything that's not very light when the second leg is being used,I solved that gluing the legs so it's in use every time.But for $1.99 it still a bargain :p

IgorT

So the problem is only when you extend the leg out, to make it longer, or are you talking about spreading them, and one doesn't want to stay in place?

If it's the first, i don't need it extended anyway.. Otherwise, i'm sure it can be improoved somehow.

IgorT said:
So the problem is only when you extend the leg out, to make it longer, or are you talking about spreading them, and one doesn't want to stay in place?

If it's the first, i don't need it extended anyway.. Otherwise, i'm sure it can be improoved somehow.
Yes,I meant the first.The extended leg cannot be locked in place,it's only holded by a plastic that's a bit thicker than the metal around it.

Hey VillageIdiot very nice review! I don't think anyone does a better job of laser building, so whenever you start making other colors of lasers IgorT, I will be first in line to buy your great products in those colors as well!

I'd have to say the same. When I get the moolah I think I'll get you to make an open can red in the same host with a duty cycle.

IgorT

Just yesterday i put together a red at 350mA in the prototype host. That host has thinner walls and the module is slightly less massive, but it's doing fine.

It does get warm at the head quite quickly, but not dangerously so - like the blu ray would after 20 - 30 minutes i guess.
But a LOT of this is from the driver. I used a linear driver with two 1/2AA size Li-Ions.. The driver heats up to >100°C!  :eek: It triples the amount of heat created.

If i make it with the same high efficiency driver as the blu rays, the only heat would come from the diode. Also, the blu ray host has a more massive body, so it would work. Now i just need to get me some open cans, to test it out.. ;)

I recently took some under water pictures with Igor's blu ray and my glow in the dark lures. Had a bit of trouble using my camera under water, but oh well, I tried. This is my favorite laser of all time, I really can't put it down.

Attachments

• laser_024.JPG
    laser_024.JPG
    734.5 KB · Views: 485