Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If You've Actually Received Your Spyder III Arctic - Post Here

vegas

Hello all, no bashing please or thread go BYE-BYE. I have no idea how in the world this happened to me, but it did. i ordered my Artic "line producer" Spyder on July 19th and guess what showed up at my door yesterday... my order number was over 61XXX. how could i have possibly got my laser before anyone else??

well for one, i never, not once contacted anyone to complain, whine or request version G1 or G2.

maybe they rewarded me for not being a crybaby.

oh well. yes the beam is a line at few feet away but it still has a VERY bright beam and for 199 bucks it will work just fine for what i need it to do. plus it makes a great pair of brass knuckles if you are one of the people that keep asking if it can be used for home/self defense :tinfoil:

2.jpg

1.jpg
[/IMG]

Re: Breaking News...WL Spyder Artic Delivered in the U.S.

wow. lucky.

He got G1, G2 has been redesigned.

um... not breaking news.. just another arctic thread. I think"thread go bye-bye" anyway...

EDIT: while this thread is still here i will say that you have taken a nice beamshot.

Last edited:

Grix

An unfocusable line beam.. Not too impressive.. The beam shape were pretty much the only solid reason why the Arctic were better than DIY builds..

Do you have an LPM?

Well done on getting it :D am order number 55### and in the uk. I hope mine comes soon. Can you put any videos up ?

vegas

Use the multiquote and the edit button

An unfocusable line beam.. Not too impressive.. The beam shape were pretty much the only solid reason why the Arctic were better than DIY builds..

Do you have an LPM?

no meter sorry, but it does pop a ballon at 30 feet away even when it's getting hit by a big blue rectangle (it will burn your hand form this far too)

um... not breaking news.. just another arctic thread. I think"thread go bye-bye" anyway...

EDIT: while this thread is still here i will say that you have taken a nice beamshot.

let me get better one for ya'll, that was a camera phone. maybe small vid too

Glad you got your laser, though I have to admit that having order number 480XX, I'm a little bitter. Did you get a G1 or G2?

EDIT: Did you ever get a tracking number or notification of shipment?

no, never got any tracking or NOTHING, no emails nothing.
to top it off, the money came out of my bank today, a day later!!!!

DL vid and more pix in a minute

Last edited by a moderator:
@VEGAS You should go buy a lottery ticket
Or if you're feeling REALLY lucky, more WL lasers.

Awsome laser, finally, I think you're the first forum member to recieve one.

Would you please take more videos of it in action, preferably supply us with as much scientific data as possible?
Current draw, battery life, stability, duty cycle, heatsinking, divergence of both axis' ?

We'd be greatly grateful. :D

Razako

That ain't fair lol. I ordered june 15th and I haven't complained to them once either(mainly cause I know it won't do any good)

vegas

yeah, i do live in Vegas, so you know i'll be pllaying the tables tonight for sure.

the beam at 10' is 10mm

at 30' it was 20mm if that helps anyone.

duty cycle looks to be very good as i left it on for 10 minutes and it didn't even get warm!!!

well here's some pics and a short vid i just DL'd enjoy

100_0476.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0474.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0471.jpg
[/IMG]

benny6969raiders
[/URL][/IMG]

duty cycle looks to be very good as i left it on for 10 minutes and it didn't even get warm!!!
Well actually that's not good, you see a laser of that power is heating up for sure, and if you can't feel the heat, that means it's very poorly heatsinked...

A 445nm diode outputting aproximately 1.2W to have 1W after optics is bound to dissipate at least 4 W of heat. No matter how large the host is , you MUST feel that after 10 minutes...

Well actually that's not good, you see a laser of that power is heating up for sure, and if you can't feel the heat, that means it's very poorly heatsinked...

A 445nm diode outputting aproximately 1.2W to have 1W after optics is bound to dissipate at least 4 W of heat. No matter how large the host is , you MUST feel that after 10 minutes...

Ya, either it's "heatsinked" with hot glue or it's just terribly underpowered...

Razako

Yeah I have a pocket mini 445nm putting out 600ish mw and you can feel the front of the case getting nice and warm after only like 30 seconds.