Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If you had one nuke where would you send it?

JLSE

271501890_ae41dd59ea_o.gif

diachi

FrothyChimp said:
If?!? Who says I don't have one? Using a nuclear weapon does not give one power. What gives one power is the threat of using a nuclear weapon. I can only use it in one place BUT I can threaten all of them. Now that's power. ;D

You would make a good leader ;D Why don't you run for president next time ?

Don't even get me going about running for president. If I got elected, the legislative branch wouldn't know if it was shot, f*cked, powder burned, or snake bit when I was done with them. There would be no more finger pointing as they will all swim or sink together. I'd embarrass every legislature that adds pork to a bill or thinks of themselves first. I'd bring their transgressions to the American people very publicly.

I'd deregulate all business but with a warning. "You can allow the free market economy to run but if you so much as take candy from a baby I'll bring the power of the federal government down so hard you'll need a step ladder to reach your testicles." Of course I'd make an example of some corporate officers and directors such as AIG. I'd charge them with 300 million counts of theft by deception. One count for every man woman or child in this country that is forced to pay for their ambition. They will never get out of jail. Do that once and I'll guarantee it doesn't happen again.

I'd shrink the federal government by doing away with bloated departments such as the IRS. I'd switch to a flat tax system automatically paid by payroll deduction so no more 1040s to fill out. I'd keep a few thousand IRS agents to enforce the system but send the rest out into corporate America as consultants to major corporations to keep them on the level. I'd blow away the homeland security department and replace it with a panel of federal judges who view intelligence data and determine the legality of sharing the data between justice, DoD, CIA, NSA, NRO, ATF, FBI, etc as it comes in. This panel and their staff make sure the existing departments get the information they need without creating an entity that can do both external and internal intelligence gathering like the DHS. I'd probably combine several agencies such as FBI and ATF. I would demand efficiency and accountability across the entire federal government. You don't do your frickin' job and you're out! I would remind all departments that they do not operate in a vacuum, they work for the American people.

In foreign policy I'd make sure the world understands there is a new sheriff in town. I do not believe in limited war. If you must go to war then you have exhausted all other political means. Total war is the final political measure. If we are forced to go into a country, we will devastate it. No more carrot and stick. You bring down the military might of the U.S. you get what you deserve. Keep in mind, however, as a former soldier I would not jump into warfare. It is always the last resort but if we must it will be total war.

I would demand of the American people that they take on the responsibility to do what is right for our country. The Nash equilibrium could be applied. Time to bring back some pride.

No more foreign aid to countries that take our money and help yet try to undermine our government. I'll bring that money back home to help our own people. Furthermore, no more UN. They can head off to Switzerland or where ever they want to go. We are no longer part of the most inefficient and politically skewed organization on the planet.

Trade will be equilized. No more most favored trade status for any country. They want access to American markets they can pay like everyone else.

All the above is why I would never be elected president. I don't play the game.

Keep it for an asteroid.

You know, saving lives, and potentially all mankind, rather than wreaking havoc and destruction on thousands or millions of innocent people.

--------------------------------------

I know this discussion isn't serious at all, but I think it would really benefit some people here to do some research, reading, maybe video watching, on what really happened in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The scale is unreal, almost incomprehensible to us: imagine everyone you've ever met in your entire life dying in less than a second, and you're still not up to the numbers of people involved in those events. And then remember that those bombs were M-80s when compared to any one of the tens of thousands of bombs we've had sitting around on practically hair-triggers for the last 60 years.

And I'm not really singling out you guys in particular, it just seems to be kind of a culture thing that people can be so flippant about nuclear weapons. I think there ought to be a lot more education about what these things are really like, what they're really capable of.

diachi

FrothyChimp said:
Don't even get me going about running for president. If I got elected, the legislative branch wouldn't know if it was shot, f*cked, powder burned, or snake bit when I was done with them. There would be no more finger pointing as they will all swim or sink together. I'd embarrass every legislature that adds pork to a bill or thinks of themselves first. I'd bring their transgressions to the American people very publicly.

I'd deregulate all business but with a warning. "You can allow the free market economy to run but if you so much as take candy from a baby I'll bring the power of the federal government down so hard you'll need a step ladder to reach your testicles." Of course I'd make an example of some corporate officers and directors such as AIG. I'd charge them with 300 million counts of theft by deception. One count for every man woman or child in this country that is forced to pay for their ambition. They will never get out of jail. Do that once and I'll guarantee it doesn't happen again.

I'd shrink the federal government by doing away with bloated departments such as the IRS. I'd switch to a flat tax system automatically paid by payroll deduction so no more 1040s to fill out. I'd keep a few thousand IRS agents to enforce the system but send the rest out into corporate America as consultants to major corporations to keep them on the level. I'd blow away the homeland security department and replace it with a panel of federal judges who view intelligence data and determine the legality of sharing the data between justice, DoD, CIA, NSA, NRO, ATF, FBI, etc as it comes in. This panel and their staff make sure the existing departments get the information they need without creating an entity that can do both external and internal intelligence gathering like the DHS. I'd probably combine several agencies such as FBI and ATF. I would demand efficiency and accountability across the entire federal government. You don't do your frickin' job and you're out! I would remind all departments that they do not operate in a vacuum, they work for the American people.

In foreign policy I'd make sure the world understands there is a new sheriff in town. I do not believe in limited war. If you must go to war then you have exhausted all other political means. Total war is the final political measure. If we are forced to go into a country, we will devastate it. No more carrot and stick. You bring down the military might of the U.S. you get what you deserve. Keep in mind, however, as a former soldier I would not jump into warfare. It is always the last resort but if we must it will be total war.

I would demand of the American people that they take on the responsibility to do what is right for our country. The Nash equilibrium could be applied. Time to bring back some pride.

No more foreign aid to countries that take our money and help yet try to undermine our government. I'll bring that money back home to help our own people. Furthermore, no more UN. They can head off to Switzerland or where ever they want to go. We are no longer part of the most inefficient and politically skewed organization on the planet.

Trade will be equilized. No more most favored trade status for any country. They want access to American markets they can pay like everyone else.

I'd vote for you if you had a policy like that ::)

Diachi said:
[quote author=FrothyChimp link=1222970006/20#20 date=1223065973]Don't even get me going about running for president. If I got elected, the legislative branch wouldn't know if it was shot, f*cked, powder burned, or snake bit when I was done with them. There would be no more finger pointing as they will all swim or sink together. I'd embarrass every legislature that adds pork to a bill or thinks of themselves first. I'd bring their transgressions to the American people very publicly.

I'd vote for you if you had a policy like that  ::)[/quote]
i second that motion ;D

Diachi said:
[quote author=Ace82 link=1222970006/20#24 date=1223070865]How about Wesdaman's house?

;D ::)
[/quote]
make a mini one just for him

styropyro said:
[quote author=FrothyChimp link=1222970006/0#13 date=1222979132]PU-239 weapons material is an alpha emitter so there is no radiation danger as your skin will stop alpha particles. The danger comes in two forms, however, both from internal exposure. Internal organs can be irradiated if you ingest plutonium or it gets absorbed through the skin. The other danger is heavy metal poisoning with symptoms as any other heavy metal poisoning.
"Don't lick that ball of plutonium sitting on the table."

I'd probably detonate in my backyard if I had a nuke sitting around.[/quote]

Or you could make a video of it... ;D

--hydro15

SMIDSY

simply put you should make me president (though frothy would be my minister of defense).

Anyways my main policy woudl be about world Peace.

Whilst i do not believe in pacifism I believe there should be en end to world conflict. This end to all violence one the planet Earth will be achieved through superior firepower.

Here's why I think it would be stupid to send a nuke anywhere:

If we nuke someone, they will nuke us back. Or someone they are allied with will nuke us back. In which case, we will start a nuclear war, and send out hundreds of nukes to destroy all of their major cities and devastate hundreds of millions of people, mostly innocent. They will do the same to us. In the end, we and all of our allies will wipe the human race off the face of the planet. Nobody wins. There is no winning a war like this because nuclear weapons are too devastating. If even ONE nuclear weapon were sent to, say, Russia, what do you think would happen?

-Mark

rocketparrotlet said:
Here's why I think it would be stupid to send a nuke anywhere:

If we nuke someone, they will nuke us back.  Or someone they are allied with will nuke us back.  In which case, we will start a nuclear war, and send out hundreds of nukes to destroy all of their major cities and devastate hundreds of millions of people, mostly innocent.  They will do the same to us.  In the end, we and all of our allies will wipe the human race off the face of the planet.  Nobody wins.  There is no winning a war like this because nuclear weapons are too devastating.  If even ONE nuclear weapon were sent to, say, Russia, what do you think would happen?

-Mark

ummmmmm................................. duh! i knew that when i was like 2 years old

ndrew2505 said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1222970006/20#23 date=1223067691][quote author=FrothyChimp link=1222970006/20#20 date=1223065973]Don't even get me going about running for president. If I got elected, the legislative branch wouldn't know if it was shot, f*cked, powder burned, or snake bit when I was done with them. There would be no more finger pointing as they will all swim or sink together. I'd embarrass every legislature that adds pork to a bill or thinks of themselves first. I'd bring their transgressions to the American people very publicly.

I'd vote for you if you had a policy like that  ::)[/quote]
i second that motion ;D[/quote]

Same here - he would rock as president! BTW, I'd probably send that nuke to either Iran or Venezuela (their governments), but I wouldn't want to kill any innocent civilians. However, that's a big problem with nukes....much more so than other types of bombs. Better yet, just build a monster laser and roast the leadership of those countries.... ;D