Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Idiot with a 5mw red laser in my math class :<(

ArRaY

Re: Idiot with a 5mw red laser in my math class :<

maxkillz said:
ah retards with lasers...what else is new? I brought mine to design concepts class and I was making long exposure shots for one of my projects with it and some guy comes up and asks if that could blind someone I said pretty much instantly and he said cool then snatched the laser out of my hand tried to shine it in my eyes (he didn't know about the delay) thats when I punched him as hard as I could in the throat  :mad: and took back my Alpha 105  :-/ he was still unconscious when I left about 30 minutes later or he just wanted to lay there... where did all these idiots come from and why are they more and more common now?

Am I the only one who finds it pretty disturbing(?) if you tell someone that you laser would blind anyone instantly, and the first thing he does is trying to point it at your/others eyes???

ArRaY

ArRaY said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1224807128/0#3 date=1224808024]ah retards with lasers...what else is new? I brought mine to design concepts class and I was making long exposure shots for one of my projects with it and some guy comes up and asks if that could blind someone I said pretty much instantly and he said cool then snatched the laser out of my hand tried to shine it in my eyes (he didn't know about the delay) thats when I punched him as hard as I could in the throat :mad: and took back my Alpha 105 :-/ he was still unconscious when I left about 30 minutes later or he just wanted to lay there... where did all these idiots come from and why are they more and more common now?

Am I the only one who finds it pretty disturbing(?) if you tell someone that you laser would blind anyone instantly, and the first thing he does is trying to point it at your/others eyes???

ArRaY[/quote]
hence why I knocked him out....you would be surprised at the stupidity in the world...I have seen much dumber people than him around here :-/

Another one is born every minute ;)

Is amazing. Here at my school, the second u shin a laser, if its on for more than 2 seconds, the teacher already saw it, and its stolen from you. Also, I once was getting bugged as shit, with 2 days of school left. Idiot wouldn't leave me alone no matter what. last day, rigged one of those camera tasers to a laser capacitor, and 2nd degree shocked him. 330 volts, yay. Felt so good and laughed at his pain :p

i have an answer to this entire situation...bring yourself a mirror into class = D

bobobob121 said:
i have an answer to this entire situation...bring yourself a mirror into class = D

Genius! ;D

LOL @ The mirror. would be werid tho... Random girl ask's "Do you have a mirror"
You: Maybe.... ;D

Ace82

maxkillz said:
[quote author=ArRaY link=1224807128/20#32 date=1224879520][quote author=maxkillz link=1224807128/0#3 date=1224808024]ah retards with lasers...what else is new? I brought mine to design concepts class and I was making long exposure shots for one of my projects with it and some guy comes up and asks if that could blind someone I said pretty much instantly and he said cool then snatched the laser out of my hand tried to shine it in my eyes (he didn't know about the delay) thats when I punched him as hard as I could in the throat  :mad: and took back my Alpha 105  :-/ he was still unconscious when I left about 30 minutes later or he just wanted to lay there... where did all these idiots come from and why are they more and more common now?

ArRaY[/quote]
hence why I knocked him out....you would be surprised at the stupidity in the world...I have seen much dumber people than him around here  :-/[/quote]

Yeah, that was by far a very obvious intentional act of disrespect, probably caused from lack of wisdom, or abundance of ignorance. Therefore, equivalent to a act such as a lugie to the face, or a straight up "FU!", he's like; "will this make you blind?", Maxkillz is all; "yes, it will", he's all; (in his head) "Cool! I'm gonna blind him! [smiley=evil.gif]". Then he said "CH :mad:P" to the throat! ;D

Good story! :D Got any pictures? :-? Just kidding. :p ;D :D ;)

Zom-B

5mW is still dangerous

From FDA Title 21 CFR 1040.10
(8)Class IIIa laser product means any laser product that permits human access during operation to levels of visible laser radiation in excess of the accessible emission limits contained in table II, but does not permit human access during operation to levels of laser radiation in excess of the accessible emission limits contained in table III-A of paragraph (d) of this section.4

These emission limits are dependent on wavelength, time and other factors.

According to the referred table, the accessible limit for class IIIa is 0.005W of radiant power and 0.00038 seconds.

no but I wish I had recorded it :-/ it was more like a punch with enough force to smash a cinder block (ok I chopped cinder blocks and broke them as practice for Karate but whatever i never punched a cinder block but I would imagine I could break it with a punch)
I hope he learned, if not and if he tries it again I'm gonna punch him as hard as I can right in the ribs :mad: (I have to make self portraits and edit the back grounds with whatever you want. I just make a long exposure photo with the laser and use a few filters in photoshop and add some other stuff so I bring in my laser and make them right there so I can take the shot and see if it works ;D

Just FYI, Wikipedia has a pretty good run down of laser safety.  If you assume that the beam diameter was ~5mm, 5mW (probably less) then the W/cm[sup]2[/sup] is 0.025W/cm[sup]2[/sup].  At 633, they must assume that your blink reflex will save you, even though it is quoted as taking ~100ms.

link :wiki/Laser_safety  

Knock his ass out.

Violence is the only answer.

:-X :-X :-X :-X

Ryo

Awww.. man.. that outcome was so anticlimactic. :'(

Hmm.. keep your stuff away from this kid.. he shines stolen lasers in people's eyes. Hmm.. sounds like he's going to be in politics.

Maybe a quick demonstration of its burning ability on some black plastic might make them realize how dangerous these higher powered lasers really are. People assume that every laser is just your every day dollar store 5mw pointer.

Ted

I wanna say bring your laser to school... I know exactly how you feel, those people are annoying. Better yet bring a green, lol, just dont let any teachers see. just a quick shine in his eyes lol. but make sure to provoke him first, make him shine at you first. or if you dont want a teacher to see you could bring an infrared.

mikeeey said:
I wanna say bring your laser to school... I know exactly how you feel, those people are annoying. Better yet bring a green, lol, just dont let any teachers see. just a quick shine in his eyes lol. but make sure to provoke him first, make him shine at you first. or if you dont want a teacher to see you could bring an infrared.
I still vote throat punch, but this could also work ;) just don't get caught