Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Idea for driver/host

yes it is , but i have it thermal taped to a small heatsink which keeps the temps ok .

I have an AMC-based driver, 2.8A - here's a picture of it dropping 5V to 3.2V.

27178d1275159793-lm3410x-based-boost-converter-spark-driver-part-2-ir_0486.jpg

Yes, that's at 150 degrees! Board surface at well over 100 degrees. Cooler bits were solder areas, so reflective to IR. (Efficiency wasn't important for the project and I was feeling lazy when I designed it - it worked fine. I'm going to redesign the driver with a nice buck converter and run the LED at its full power, once the project has been marked)

Heatsink these well when dropping voltages - or you'll have burns to show for it. The chips all work fine, though. At that point, the thermal limiter had kicked in and dropped the current to maybe 700mA vs the theoretical 2.8A.

Ok since there is already a thread about drivers for 445 nm diodes, i am gonna ask here.

I want to make a handheld 445nm build and was thinking which driver to use. I want it to output ~300 mw and powered by 1x 18650 cell. APART from the flexdrive, what other options to I have? Thanks.