Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Idea for a very small M140 host

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...fire-mini-02-cree-xm-l-t6-3-mode-480lm-led-fl

It runs on a single cr123/16340, and the stock driver actually runs at 1.7A, which would be nearly perfect for an M140 build. It also has 3 modes :wave:

Of course, run times would be abysmal because of the limited space for a heatsink. Maybe a protruding copper heatsink will give it about the runtime of a recessed aluminum C6 heatsink :tinfoil:

Let me know what you guys think. I have one on its way already, and if I like it enough as a light I'll keep it as one and order another to use as a laser, but if it doesn't suit my needs I'll gut it right away :eg:

Last edited:

norbyx

Well it really looks nice, I don't know if a M140 would be a bit too much for the host but maybe changing the driver for something less powerfull it would make a nice single mode or a nice red laser.

I like the idea! but if i am not mistaken an m140 requires 6V+ if you are gonna use one cell a boost driver is needed. I don't believe that is a boost driver ;)

I like the idea! but if i am not mistaken an m140 requires 6V+ if you are gonna use one cell a boost driver is needed. I don't believe that is a boost driver ;)

Well, that's a bummer. If I found the dimentions of the stock driver I could easily replace it with a different driver. But at that point I may as well stick any diode I want in there :na:

Just use a boost driver. Instead on an M-140, I would make a single mode PL450! There's too many multi-mode powerhouses out there. There's not enough elegant single mode builds out there!

Heck, if you do a good enough job, you might talk me into buying it from you!

Just use a boost driver. Instead on an M-140, I would make a single mode PL450! There's too many multi-mode powerhouses out there. There's not enough elegant single mode builds out there!

Heck, if you do a good enough job, you might talk me into buying it from you!

Heh, now I have an incentive to build it. I need more money to waste on lasers :na: