Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ice Crystals oooo!!

This was pretty fun to do. I set a hex nut on top of my TEC and ran it at full 12 volts. It was pulling 4.5 amps. :eek:. Anyways here is a photo of the ice crystals all over it:

Attachments

• Untitled_505.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 117

quick question, are those TECs potted - as in the perimeter sealed with a glue? because if not you might want to do that since the condensation can get inside and corrode the module - hot glue is probably the easiest

MarioMaster said:
quick question, are those TECs potted - as in the perimeter sealed with a glue? because if not you might want to do that since the condensation can get inside and corrode the module - hot glue is probably the easiest

Nope, not potted :-/

Daedal said:
That's a cold nut! ;D

--DDL

LOL!! ;D ;D.

Umm yeah as Pseudo said they are not sealed. When I do experiments like this, and then I shut it down, the ice melts almost instant. So what I do is take a paper towel and place it over the TEC before cutting power. That way the water gets soaked up. ;)

Whoa yeah that's freaking cold. Any idea the temperature on that? I am waiting for my thermal controller to come in the mail.

Death Angel said:
Whoa yeah that's freaking cold. Any idea the temperature on that? I am waiting for my thermal controller to come in the mail.

i stacked two once and got somewhere around -15F or so

Things

man that is cold mario!! i got about -8 degrees celcius on my TEC, but i can only run it at like 4 amps, since that is my only PS! oh and as for sealing, yes do not let water get in there, because it will kill the TEC eventually, and if it happens to boil the water inside it, it can come shooting out VERY fast, and it burns like hell!!! don't ask me how i know this!lol ;D ;D

S

SenKat

WOW Things ! I'll bet you need safety goggles to take a bath ! LOL You need to be careful ! (yeah, Sam Safety preaching here, right ?) hehehehehehe !