Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I want to buy "Sanwu Pocket" but scared

Im Greek

Hi mans, I found purple 405 nm 500 mWt laser pointer for 100$ on sanwulassers.com and i want to buy it, but im scared that i'll get bored of him very quickly and just waste my money. I never have laser before and i know violet color hard to see on the daylight
Can you give me some advice before i buy it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220923_224047_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220923_224047_com.android.chrome.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 9

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
A half watt of 405 single mode laser is a very dangerous toy. Those have very tight beams so it's way too easy to damage someone's eyes from a looong ways off. If this is your first laser I'd reccomend the 488 or 492 nm version. Less power but FAR more visible beams. Higher entertainmant value IMNSHO.

Im Greek

A half watt of 405 single mode laser is a very dangerous toy. Those have very tight beams so it's way too easy to damage someone's eyes from a looong ways off. If this is your first laser I'd reccomend the 488 or 492 nm version. Less power but FAR more visible beams. Higher entertainmant value IMNSHO.
Thank you so much for answer, i watched the videos about 488 nm and 492 nm it's really nice, and i think buy their instead 405, but purple color in the ancient time was color of luxury and it attracts to buy exactly 405. Really don't know, if 405 very bad to see him, i chose 492

loreadarkshade

Check out my shop @ jlasers.org for some more affordable prices :)
Not trying to under-cut sanwu, their products are amazing, and the machining is perfect!

My products are more between low grade and high end lasers; mid tier.
Good quality, but cheap enough to keep prices down.

I have 1W 405nm or 488 model too.

Im Greek

Check out my shop for some more affordable prices :)
Not trying to under-cut sanwu, their products are amazing, and the machining is perfect!

My products are more between low grade and high end lasers; mid tier.
Good quality, but cheap enough to keep prices down.

I have 1W 405nm or 488 model too.

Do you really use deutsches diodes "Osram" in your lasers? And what about 488 model, here too used "Osram"?
And i want to know will you deliver it to Russia?

loreadarkshade

Do you really use deutsches diodes "Osram" in your lasers? And what about 488 model, here too used "Osram"?
And i want to know will you deliver it to Russia?
I use mostly sharp diodes, sometimes nichia.

Im Greek

I use mostly sharp diodes, sometimes nichia.
Can you tell me more about this laser, maybe i buy him instead Sanwu
You build these lasers in Canada? Can I really send it for repair if I suddenly break it through my own fault? If yes, it really lifetime?

loreadarkshade

Can you tell me more about this laser, maybe i buy him instead Sanwu
You build these lasers in Canada? Can I really send it for repair if I suddenly break it through my own fault? If yes, it really lifetime?
I dont know what else to say :) I build them at home in my shed, I have a old atlas lathe where I make brass parts to adapt chinese flashlight hosts.
My old models were horrible, and broke often. V2 was improved, but still had issues. I didn't give up, refunded the customers and kept improving. Now I designed my own CC drivers, and make my own parts, and the lasers are reliable and even lowered the price since making PCBs is actually cheaper than buying drivers!

Yes, I will gladly repair the laser. Individual parts are so cheap, and I like to make the customer happy! :D

Sanwu is great if you like luxury laser, built to perfection, and it will never break. My lasers are a tad jump in quality than chinese lasers, and a good alternative since I offer lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

Im Greek

I dont know what else to say :) I build them at home in my shed, I have a old atlas lathe where I make brass parts to adapt chinese flashlight hosts.
My old models were horrible, and broke often. V2 was improved, but still had issues. I didn't give up, refunded the customers and kept improving. Now I designed my own CC drivers, and make my own parts, and the lasers are reliable and even lowered the price since making PCBs is actually cheaper than buying drivers!

Yes, I will gladly repair the laser. Individual parts are so cheap, and I like to make the customer happy! :D

Sanwu is great if you like luxury laser, built to perfection, and it will never break. My lasers are a tad jump in quality than chinese lasers, and a good alternative since I offer lifetime warranty.

I think i will buy one of your lasers, because I'd better give money for Canadian than Chinese. How much does delivery to Russia cost and how long it? I just don't know which one to choose: much power 450 or 520, or 488 which advised to me. I'm thinking of buying 488, but worried that power will be not enough. And can i pay for Bitcoins?

loreadarkshade

I think i will buy one of your lasers, because I'd better give money for Canadian than Chinese. How much does delivery to Russia cost and how long it? I just don't know which one to choose: much power 450 or 520, or 488 which advised to me. I'm thinking of buying 488, but worried that power will be not enough. And can i pay for Bitcoins?
I do not accept bitcoin.
488 is around 150mW, very bright and beautiful, safer, but not for burning. If you are new to laser hobby, i recommend.
520 super bright, amazes anyone you show it to.
450 is good burner.

To russia probably 1 month surface shipping with tracking, or 2 weeks air untracked.

Im Greek

I do not accept bitcoin.
488 is around 150mW, very bright and beautiful, safer, but not for burning. If you are new to laser hobby, i recommend.
520 super bright, amazes anyone you show it to.
450 is good burner.

To russia probably 1 month surface shipping with tracking, or 2 weeks air untracked.

Then I will order 488, thank you so much
I couldn't pay because strip pay is not available in Russia, can i pay in other way? Honestly, i dont think that any bank accept russian payments, may be i can pay on Webmoney or something like that

Last edited:

loreadarkshade

Then I will order 488, thank you so much
I couldn't pay because strip pay is not available in Russia, can i pay in other way? Honestly, i dont think that any bank accept russian payments, may be i can pay on Webmoney or something like that
I'm sorry, there is currently no other payment method.

Im Greek

I'm sorry, there is currently no other payment method.

Unfortunately I would buy it If you accepted Bitcoin, i think it nice that you answer and communicate with people. On video-review your laser showed the exact value 1.6 Wt and price is half of Chinese . And the opportunity of repair - i think it very good. But apparently I will have to order from the Chinese. I wish you to develop into a company

loreadarkshade

Unfortunately I would buy it If you accepted Bitcoin, i think it nice that you answer and communicate with people. On video-review your laser showed the exact value 1.6 Wt and price is half of Chinese . And the opportunity of repair - i think it very good. But apparently I will have to order from the Chinese. I wish you to develop into a company
Thank you very much my friend!
Sorry about the payment issue, I have no idea how bitcoin works, nor do I want to get involved in all of that.
I can provide a paypal payment link, but I reckon that must use same payment methods as Stripe.

Im Greek

Thank you very much my friend!
Sorry about the payment issue, I have no idea how bitcoin works, nor do I want to get involved in all of that.
I can provide a paypal payment link, but I reckon that must use same payment methods as Stripe.

Im sorry, i would pay in PayPal, but it's doesn't work in Russia too, thank you for opportunity

Im Greek

I did as you advised and paid for my order 488nm Sanwu Pocket, they agreed to make him 80-100 mW instead of the standard 60 mW
Your advice is really good because i noticed that a lot of people love 488nm
Thank you