Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I want to build a laser...

Amply

Ok I'm looking to build a laser and have no experience at all. I was wondering if anyone knows any good guides/tutorials. I'm looking for something that can be built from parts off the internet and has links to the parts or names of the parts included and is fairly cheap. I was looking to build something with a good visibility does not have to burn or anything fancy like that.

Hi Amply :wave:

For good visibility you may want to go with green. Use the white search bar at the bottom of the page as there are tons of threads about exactly what you are asking. Welcome to the forum. Have fun and be safe :)

Amply

I'll check it out thanks! Does it matter what kind of laser safety glasses i use? I see some pretty expensive ones can i just get a cheap 8 dollar pair or does it matter? I am looking for something in the 40 dollar range to build as my first laser.

Last edited:

APEX1

I'll check it out thanks! Does it matter what kind of laser safety glasses i use? I see some pretty expensive ones can i just get a cheap 8 dollar pair or does it matter? I am looking for something in the 40 dollar range to build as my first laser.

There's a thread about that as well. You have to use the glasses appropriate for the lasers wave length

$40 is not enough to build a laser, the cheapest one I have built was $140, and remember you still need batteries, a charger, and safety glasses, that's at least $40 more.

Alan