Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I thought my M462 2.2 Watt 462mn laser was bright in the night sky !

I should have the green in my sig any day....

I have two cyl lens setups I can switch between The 12X is for a straight beam to infinity at night and the 6X is for the smallest dot at a few feet to 20 of so feet and a flame pops out of just about anything I point it at, I point it at something and a second or two later POOF from smoke to flame ! At a few feet the dot size is down to a 4mm square at round 7 watts, plastic, wood, rubber, They all make a flame !

This is a blade on a dead fan I have in my work room that's about 4 feet away ! I can't stop punching holes in it !

Last edited:

diachi

Hope you're not breathing in all of that nasty plastic smoke! :eek:

Last edited:
Hope you're not breathing in all of that nasty plastic smoke! :eek:

And proper goggles, can't imagine how hard that would be on the eyes burning a white surface without them.

The flame is fun to see just make sure it doesn't spread :p

White def lights up the room Or say a large opaque milk container turns into a huge soft white bulb !

Forgive me the stupid question Accutronitis, but you are wearing amber/orange safety glasses....right?

DDEN our eyes see by sending pulses to the occipital lobes of our brain where some computation takes effect.

Try shining safely a 445nm laser into your yard or a safe point that you can look at the beam, it looks blue, then look at a 465-470nm laser beam next to it, what happens? That 445nm beam that just looked blue now looks purple, it's a matter of our brains perception.

If you sit looking at an area where you expect to see deer through your rifle scope for an hour or two then stop, you will see the crosshairs everywhere you look for a while.

Ok, here's a good one, if you are looking for....anything at a distance such as an aircraft your eyes get tired looking straight, intentionally shift your eyes to the sides and you will see better, they teach this to soldiers as our eyes and brain see movement and a camouflaged person can hide feet away from you if they hold still.

Our peripheral vision is not as acute as out central vision because of the density of cells in the fovea, but peripheral vision is very sensitive and if you catch a glance of something moving off to the side chances are something was/is there.

Look at the pic, is it rolling or spinning, try closing 1 eye.

back-white-illusion.gif

Here's a good one that shows central vision, focus on a spot then another.

0426wallpaper3_1k.jpg

These are simple but fun. The brain says the man is moving because that's what it's used to, but it's the same 2 pics.

Christopher-Walken-in-Space.gif

Last edited:
Being on a boat all day in rough waters off the coast and getting on dry land finally seeing the ground wave like the water. The brain does it's own thing we are along for the ride at times. I know what you mean with the blues.

Some people would argue that there is no such thing as "color" and what we perceive as "color is just a construct created by our brain in order to make sense of what of what our very limited senses are trying to tell us about the reality all around us....

Forgive me the stupid question Accutronitis, but you are wearing amber/orange safety glasses....right?
Yep, Eagle Pair® brand protective laser safety goggles for combined 190-540nm & 800-1700nm wavelengths. These goggles have 20% visible light transmission, protect to a level of OD 5+

sl-glg-1x.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the headache, RCB :crackup:

Seriously, first image got me good. Pretty weird, look at it directly and its rolling, look at the edges and it's spinning.

You can see your face in the reflection, you may want to upload a new pic if it matters to you, I love these orange glasses from survival lasers OD5 and 6 with great light transmission, a big improvement over my old dark amber and doubled up pairs.

55826d1493690918-i-thought-my-m462-2-2-watt-462mn-laser-bright-night-sky-sany0683.jpg

Attachments

• SANY0683.JPG
    SANY0683.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
You can see your face in the reflection, you may want to upload a new pic if it matters to you, I love these orange glasses from survival lasers OD5 and 6 with great light transmission, a big improvement over my old dark amder and doubled up pairs.
I didn't take that pic., That's someone at survival lasers...

Last edited:
To me that's a very reasonable request ! :eg:

I just finished this 10X BE/ 6X Cyl lens pair attachment for "The Hammer" and I'll see what it can do in a few hours......

I want more power darn it all, am I obsessed? I don't think so.

I want to point my laser at a leaf in my yard and melt the dirt.

Have you seen those glass lightening bolts frozen in sand when lightening hits the beach?

I want to make glass out of sand in an instant, that would be very cool.

th

Last edited:
Actually these are from electricity going through the sand making heat, but a big laser would/could do something similar, probably a cone shape like a CO2 in acrylic .

7ddf81d3dacdac31dc264952f1fbd5fc.jpg

Last edited:
The "Across The Room Burn The Shelf Test" looks very promising and it is showing the smallest and roundest Dot size to date !

I hope you get good power and a tight spot, but it should remain square edged, if round then it's clipping by some amount.