Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i selling my laser with big disscount

Can this be focused enough to kill insects and bugs at a distance of over 5ft?

My 2.1 445nm seems to do the job at a very close range (a feet) but i need something stronger.

Can this be focused enough to kill insects and bugs at a distance of over 5ft?

My 2.1 445nm seems to do the job at a very close range (a feet) but i need something stronger.
😂😂😂

I have to ask, in what scenario do you need to do this? I need more context.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Yeah waving a 7 watt laser around to kill bugs can be a serious issue with innocent bystanders

I expect he is killing bugs on the ground......you would have to be super accurate to keep a beam on a bug in the air because you still need a fair amount of time on target to kill a bug with a big sloppy MM beam such as our favorite blues....a lot depends on the size and anatomy of the insect I suppose.

I know there’s been the occasional question in the past about Trinh’s trustworthiness and/or reliability, or at the very least a question of whether he lacks a certain propensity for promptness (which seems to occasionally cause anxiety in buyers, who might subsequently question the dealing altogether).
I know this because, per common sense and the recommendation of a BS&T sticky, I scoured the forums for posts or threads by or about Trinh before buying a laser from him, to see if he was in fact a trustworthy source.
After seeing his builds (wow!) and seeing that, from what I could tell, there hasn’t been any real issues whatsoever besides maybe the occasional less than ideal pace and the occasional lack of communication, and that one recent mix-up with the expensive flashlight (what was the final resolution to that situation, btw? That was an entertaining thread there at the end, lol), I decided to pull the trigger and buy a laser from Trinh.

I just wanted to say that, so far, it has been a very pleasant exchange. Trinh has been affable and the quality and quantity of the communication up to this point has certainly been satisfactory. He has been up front with me (to the best of my knowledge, of course) and let me know that he was out of x-wossee drivers and would be using a different driver (before we made a deal and I paid), he gave me a clearly defined timeline of when I should expect to receive my laser in the mail, and he helped me choose a good battery to power the laser, among other various communications. There was no “radio silence” after I paid him or anything like that. And I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a little chatty and wordy, and he’s responded to my messages at a very reasonable frequency.

Not only that, but he gave me the tracking number today, which is ahead of schedule. I was/am pleasantly surprised. Can’t wait to receive the laser in the mail! I need to hurry up and order those button-top 18650’s. I thought I could procrastinate a little on ordering them because I figured it’d be a month before I got the laser.

All that to say, I am satisfied with my dealing with Trinh up to this point, and I suspect I will remain so throughout the entirety of our arrangement. Fingers crossed he slips up and I get one of those limited edition $300 flashlights too 😉😂

I took the time to write this because I feel like it is reasonably objective and it would be the sort of thing that I would find very useful when trying to decide whether I should deal with a particular builder/seller or not. Hopefully it will help someone else make an informed decision, one way or the other. I’ll be sure to update this once I receive the laser (or dope-ass, LE torch) in the mail.

And thanks, Trinh! Can’t wait to ‘wield’ that thing.

Grace and peace, everyone,
-Ryan

I know there’s been the occasional question in the past about Trinh’s trustworthiness and/or reliability, or at the very least a question of whether he lacks a certain propensity for promptness (which seems to occasionally cause anxiety in buyers, who might subsequently question the dealing altogether).
I know this because, per common sense and the recommendation of a BS&T sticky, I scoured the forums for posts or threads by or about Trinh before buying a laser from him, to see if he was in fact a trustworthy source.
After seeing his builds (wow!) and seeing that, from what I could tell, there hasn’t been any real issues whatsoever besides maybe the occasional less than ideal pace and the occasional lack of communication, and that one recent mix-up with the expensive flashlight (what was the final resolution to that situation, btw? That was an entertaining thread there at the end, lol), I decided to pull the trigger and buy a laser from Trinh.

I just wanted to say that, so far, it has been a very pleasant exchange. Trinh has been affable and the quality and quantity of the communication up to this point has certainly been satisfactory. He has been up front with me (to the best of my knowledge, of course) and let me know that he was out of x-wossee drivers and would be using a different driver (before we made a deal and I paid), he gave me a clearly defined timeline of when I should expect to receive my laser in the mail, and he helped me choose a good battery to power the laser, among other various communications. There was no “radio silence” after I paid him or anything like that. And I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a little chatty and wordy, and he’s responded to my messages at a very reasonable frequency.

Not only that, but he gave me the tracking number today, which is ahead of schedule. I was/am pleasantly surprised. Can’t wait to receive the laser in the mail! I need to hurry up and order those button-top 18650’s. I thought I could procrastinate a little on ordering them because I figured it’d be a month before I got the laser.

All that to say, I am satisfied with my dealing with Trinh up to this point, and I suspect I will remain so throughout the entirety of our arrangement. Fingers crossed he slips up and I get one of those limited edition $300 flashlights too 😉😂

I took the time to write this because I feel like it is reasonably objective and it would be the sort of thing that I would find very useful when trying to decide whether I should deal with a particular builder/seller or not. Hopefully it will help someone else make an informed decision, one way or the other. I’ll be sure to update this once I receive the laser (or dope-ass, LE torch) in the mail.

And thanks, Trinh! Can’t wait to ‘wield’ that thing.

Grace and peace, everyone,
-Ryan
I know,i very slow and it is my fault,so today i think i will charge
I'm take 2 month, when he order my laser to time he got it,i really need 1months+ for host
Thank you for trust me ,when you got my laser, please let me know,i sure it isn't flashlight,😔

I know,i very slow and it is my fault,so today i think i will charge
I'm take 2 month, when he order my laser to time he got it,i really need 1months+ for host
Thank you for trust me ,when you got my laser, please let me know,i sure it isn't flashlight,😔
Yeah dude! I’ve been a happy customer!

This has me thinking. I might have to try this 7w beast out on some hornet/wasp/Yellowjacket nests… 🤔 💭 🐝 🔥

And no, I won’t feel bad about it either. I leave them alone when I’m in the woods, obviously, because I’m not a doofus. But at home, in the yard, where I mow, and where my dog and baby play? Naw fam, you gotsta go.

I received my laser from Trinh in the mail yesterday and I absolutely love it!

It was a pleasure doing business with him. He communicated well, got it shipped fast (it took awhile to get here but that had nothing to do with him, just normal, long, international shipping times), and the laser is definitely “as-advertised”.

As far as the host is concerned, it’s definitely not as “finished” of a product as the lasers I got from Sanwu, that is, there’s some sharp/rough edges from the machining and a number of places with machining marks, but at less than 1/2 the price of their 7w striker, I wouldn’t expect it to be as finished. I can do that myself later as I have time.

Everything functions like it’s supposed to, it feels solid, the beam and dot both look exactly like what they looked like on videos and photos I’ve seen of other lasers with that NUBM44. The “dot” is a long rectangle or line without the BE from Sanwu, and with the BE it looks like 2x parallel lines that are much narrower/tighter and more focused.

The host functions very well for heat dissipation too. Very functional heat sinks near the head, and the whole thing has a lot of mass.

Overall I’m pretty dang pleased with my purchase, and would absolutely be inclined to buy from Trinh again.👍👍

Sowee7

I received my laser from Trinh in the mail yesterday and I absolutely love it!

It was a pleasure doing business with him. He communicated well, got it shipped fast (it took awhile to get here but that had nothing to do with him, just normal, long, international shipping times), and the laser is definitely “as-advertised”.

As far as the host is concerned, it’s definitely not as “finished” of a product as the lasers I got from Sanwu, that is, there’s some sharp/rough edges from the machining and a number of places with machining marks, but at less than 1/2 the price of their 7w striker, I wouldn’t expect it to be as finished. I can do that myself later as I have time.

Everything functions like it’s supposed to, it feels solid, the beam and dot both look exactly like what they looked like on videos and photos I’ve seen of other lasers with that NUBM44. The “dot” is a long rectangle or line without the BE from Sanwu, and with the BE it looks like 2x parallel lines that are much narrower/tighter and more focused.

The host functions very well for heat dissipation too. Very functional heat sinks near the head, and the whole thing has a lot of mass.

Overall I’m pretty dang pleased with my purchase, and would absolutely be inclined to buy from Trinh again.👍👍
did you also get one of those limited edition flashlights? jokes asside, im happy you had no issues with him

did you also get one of those limited edition flashlights? jokes asside, im happy you had no issues with him
😂😂😂
Unfortunately, no. I didn’t pull any mythic, ultra-rare edc flashlights from the pack. I was hoping to get like a “Nightsbane,” “Dawnbringer,” “Ebonsdoom,” or “The Quasarator,” or some other aptly-named, jewel-encrusted light commissioned some 3,000 years ago by Nefertiti, Queen of Egypt that took 3x 21700’s but could still somehow comfortably fit in your pocket and could melt your face like the folks in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark but could also go down to .5 lumens so you could check on your baby without waking it, and if it would tell you when goblins are nearby that would be nice but if not it’s not a dealbreaker.

But alas, I was fated to remain dependent on my ol’ Olight Mini Warrior, with its gross cool-white emitter that would be a lot cooler if it was warmer.