Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I ordered the laser pointer :

You have to wear laser goggle when using the laser.

This is true?
No. The laser is overspecs and should be around 50mw and not even 1000mw.

How do I know that as of burning property, but no duty cycle?
What you mean?

BTW, don't post in other threads and ask people to answer another thread. This will not only not get you the answer faster, you will also piss others off

Last edited:
Um yes that would be true; Power < 1000mW (Power is less than 1000mW so thats not a lie)

gozert

The worst thing about that laser is that it would probably be leaking loads of IR, making it seem harmless while it's actually really dangerous.

cheap shit from china it could be anything from 50-200mW there is such lottery when buying that kind of lasers u never know what u get, and yeah be careful those have no IR filter so u dont know how much leaks out..

I spent 350 dollars on a 10,000 mw greenie from China three years ago. I figured it should be at least a watt for that amount of money regardless of what they advertised it at. I was wrong, 1 watt of 532nm is closer to 2.5 or more times that price if you can even find one. It really put out about 300mw which all things considered, wasn't such a bad deal but not what I thought I was paying for.