Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

I need to buy a wicked laser lasercube

Chris666

If anybody has a wicked lasers lasercube i will pay what you payed being in the usa i dont have acess to them here i will pay what you paid amd any shipping cost thank you this being my firstpost here hope i did it correctly

Encap

Not likely -- why would anyone bother?
If you do not know anyone in another Country who will do it for you then you are SOL.

If it can't be sold to or shipped to anyone in the USA, it can't be legally shipped to USA by anyone else either.
+ if attempted smuggling of one into USA is caught by USA Customs --you never receive the package and lose the money.

Last edited:

swamidog

If anybody has a wicked lasers lasercube i will pay what you payed being in the usa i dont have acess to them here i will pay what you paid amd any shipping cost thank you this being my firstpost here hope i did it correctly
The reason you don't have access to them in the USA is they're not FDA / CDRH certified and are illegal. I spoke to my contact at WickedLasers a couple weeks ago (I'm working on a project and want to support them) and he said they don't have any time estimate on when they will be legal.

dkumpula

I have one sitting on my desk here in the US. It's tiny, it's cute, it has a built in DAC and it's portable as it has a built in Lion battery. Its galvos are ~20Kpps Chinese quality, but it can still do a ton of stuff in your home. Yes, it isn't varianced (yet), but its a very interesting product that would make a great introductory laser projector for many people worldwide. As a tiny laser builder myself, I took the time to open it up and examine it. Again, I have to say I was impressed that so much got crammed into a form-factor so small.

green lasers rock

Can you explain why you “need” one?

There are lots of other (legal) options and many of then will give you better results IMHO. Also, check out this thread that outlines some of the pros/cons of this cube in detail.

That being said, I agree with dkumpula that this unit has some impressive features but these are only really applicable to a niche group of users. Pretty much everyone else should be ok with a more traditional projector.

The legality of the projector is also a problem and effectively limits you to run shows only where the CDRH doesn’t have jurisdiction, mainly closed locations (such as your home.) you will not be able to run public shows or use it for paid gigs.

Chris666

Can you explain why you “need” one?

There are lots of other (legal) options and many of then will give you better results IMHO. Also, check out this thread that outlines some of the pros/cons of this cube in detail.

That being said, I agree with dkumpula that this unit has some impressive features but these are only really applicable to a niche group of users. Pretty much everyone else should be ok with a more traditional projector.

The legality of the projector is also a problem and effectively limits you to run shows only where the CDRH doesn’t have jurisdiction, mainly closed locations (such as your home.) you will not be able to run public shows or use it for paid gigs.
I just waant it for at home use for me no public use what so ever

green lasers rock

I just waant it for at home use for me no public use what so ever
Well I suppose if that’s all you intend to do it should be an ok unit. I presume your familiar with the included software and it’s limitations. You won’t be producing award winning shows out of the box.

It does say on the website that the lasercube is compatible with LSX which is a real timeline based show editor and something you may want depending on your application. Laser Show Express allows you to draw your own images and create new abstract patterns that you can manually set to music. It also gives you much more control over the projector. Do you have any interest in producing your own laser shows or do you simply want to look at cool patterns on the wall?

Also, a word about safety. This is a class 4 laser projector (>500mw) and as such falls under the most dangerous laser safety category. A beam in the eye from close up can easily cause permanent eye damage.

With all that said, this might be an ok option for you as long as you can find a unit at a decent price. If someone asks for $1000 or more for one, I would encourage you to look elsewhere.

Hope this helps,

-Connor