Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i must be odd...

Zom-B

I've aimed 5mW on my tongue in the past, and never accidentally tasted any metals. I've tried again and concentrated on the taste, nothing. I took my high powered red and gradually increased the power, and when it's full (247mW), still nothing, not even warmth. I focused the laser to a very tiny spot and tried again, still nothing at max power. The light get dispersed too much inside my tongue that it's not absorbed enough in any small space, so no heat is felt.

I aimed it at a thick layer of saliva, and after 10 seconds, it tasted different, but the same like exposing saliva to oxygen for 10 seconds. (maybe that's what you're all confusing with copper taste)

I tried with green 40mW, I only feel a distinct warm spot, same as shining on my lips. No taste.

I'm not going to try my UV, because if it stings the skin, it surely will fry my tongue.

I can't taste anything but I can lick my elbow...

Seriously though, I can't taste anything. I wouldn't know what copper tastes like either. I just know I couldn't tell a difference when I put the laser on my tongue.

I just tried with ~150mW of blu-ray.... nothing.... I'll try with the HeNe later since I dont have any other reds

Ow, i guess 300mw isint the best to try this with lol (The only red laser i had), but it was weird because before my tounge got burnt i did taste copper, odd.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Kenom

Yeah we all wanna laugh atcha for takin a picture of everyone's foolishness.

When I shine a laser at my tongue I do not taste anything, but I can faintly hear Die Zauberflote from Mozart. Weird stuff.

Petrovski said:
When I shine a laser at my tongue I do not taste anything, but I can faintly hear Die Zauberflote from Mozart. Weird stuff.

You sir, win phrase of the day

Omega

Petrovski said:
odd, i hear "Ice Ice Baby"
or maybe its "Under Pressure"....