Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I just came back to say hello and something more

Bbe

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here after joining the forum in far 2010. Surely someone knows me, and someone have heard about drivers by x-wossee. At least I often hear about the LPF from my customers.

The thing is, lately I've been getting a lot of emails asking the same question. Where have my drivers gone and will they be back on sale? The welcome section is probably not the best place to reply, I'll try to be brief.

So, I actually stopped selling on eBay due to a significant drop in shipping time in the past year. The second reason is that I faced a massive shortage of chips and other components for my drivers. Some chips were discontinued, while for others the shipment date was shifted by an undefined time. Those in the electronics business know that the electronic components market has been very volatile in 2020. I had to redesign the drivers to match the components available from suppliers. This partially resolved the situation, but is still a headache for me because I make dozens of different devices and one third of them have issues due to major chipmakers like TI, ON etc.

Are there any good news in the midst of this? Yes! I do not plan to give up and will resume production as soon as possible. The first step -- the updated acs4500bu and acs5500bu ones will be back in stock this month. Further according to the situation.

In any case, I'm happy that I remembered the password for my LPF account!

Vlad

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back. Wow, 11 years and you have your first post. :p
I think I recall your name being mentioned a while back on here.
Anyway, nice to meet you.

Bbe

What tech do you want to see in 2032?
How about near IR radiation from a bonfire as an incoherent scattered light source? It seems to me that the world began to move in the opposite direction. All major discoveries were made in the 19th and 20th centuries, now almost nothing happens globally in the tech industry.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Whilst it seems that way, the truth of it is. Not many are people are interested and things don't get published as often.

Should we insist that Vlad makes an 'intro' in the 'newcomers' section--hahha-??? J/kidden'
These 3 are/were his first posts.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Oh man I can't wait for you to bring your drivers back and hopefully invent some new ones. I've been wanting a round driver for a long long time

Bbe

got that right. Seems like only 9 years ago...j/k
Thanks Len! I also wondered how much time had passed. This is what the date calculator says:

It is 3809 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.
Or 10 years, 5 months, 3 days excluding the end date.
Or 125 months, 3 days excluding the end date.

Knowing the exact time I can ... I have yet to return to Photonlexicon to tidy up my posts there. Almost all media content in them has been removed by photobucket :cry:

Should we insist that Vlad makes an 'intro' in the 'newcomers' section--hahha-??? J/kidden'
Do I have to make a laser pointer to pass the test? Most likely I will get something rectangular, haha

Oh for fuk sake hack, give it a rest.
I rested 10 years, now i need to make at least 10 posts here!

Hi Vlad!!!! I had no idea you were even a member here. The best little drivers in the laser biz for sure.
HI Zach! It was an idiotic story. First I tried to register on the forum and found that some bad guy had taken my nickname. When I saw the joining date, and realized that the bad guy was me. I just had to remember the password because the linked email is no longer available for me. So initially I also had no idea that I was a member here :p

I've been wanting a round driver for a long long time
I wonder if I can partially fulfill your wish in the welcome thread?
5000.gif

kecked

Of all people that don’t need an intro! Welcome home. I’ve been trolling for your stuff for months. Msybe when you get your footing again. Some people like hak, dtr, might work a deal for distribution making your life simpler and shipping easier. We can also look for parts stateside and let you know, buy ship as needed. I’d bet what you need is somewhere.